Wednesday, January 25, 2012

A typical afternoon/evening

You know how much I like to be smothered, right? So, I got home from school at 4:45. Only Carter was here. Nana had sent me a package, so I called to thank her. Within a couple minutes, the troops descended upon me. By that, I mean, Malia came in and started jumping up and down and asking me if I missed her, Carter was asking me if I could make some sweet and sour sauce (for the eggrolls I made for dinner), and Rick was asking me if he should mail a check or not and if I had stamps. I WAS ON THE PHONE PEOPLE! I ended that phone call and proceeded with dinner...EVERYONE WAS IN THE KITCHEN asking me 1000 questions until I finally said, "EVERYBODY OUT!" Within 15 minutes, dinner was ready. It was gluten full, so I served everyone and then sat down to work on homework. Within minutes, Bella sat down between the pillow and the computer in the 6 inches of free space available and started asking questions and Malia brought a stack of books and moved my binders and such onto the floor so she could sit RIGHT NEXT TO ME and read outloud. Have you ever tried to take a test on respiratory function and listened to Curious George and Santa Mouse at the same time? Just sayin'. SPACE people, SPACE! I sent Bella to get Rick's noise cancelling headphones so i could concentrate but Malia protested, saying she would read quieter. Fantastic. QUIET reading out LOUD Pinkalicious while I'm taking a respiratory exam. It's no wonder I covet my two days off when I am ALL BY MYSELF!

No comments: