Wednesday, August 12, 2009

First Day of School

Monday was the first day of school. Yeah! Mackenzie loves her teacher Ms. Boyer, who is a California native, and has made some friends already. She is way pumped about the 4 recesses they get during the school day, but homework is a different story-- it literally brings her to tears. It's going to be a long year if she keeps this up.

Stephen is in first grade, and so far so good. The only assignment he has trouble completing is eating his lunch. Why is the kid coming home with a full lunch box because he didn't have "time to eat"??

Kol started preschool today-- hooray for no kids at home! He'll be in school M,W,F 9-3 p.m. essentially the same hours as the other kids which means I get a quiet house 3 days a week where I can do laundry and cleaning and baking and whatever I feel like doing-- IN PEACE!! So why is one of the first things out of Stephens mouth this morning, "so have you looked at getting a part time job?"

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Kenzie looks so big. I miss her. And, I'm positive that Steven was just kidding about getting a part-time job. I'm sure of it. (Steven, if you're reading this, YOU WERE KIDDING). Enjoy your quiet days. 11 more days until my kids start school and then it'll be Malia and I hanging out...

Tamara said...

Stephen, that was a funny joke you played on Kristin. Asking if she wanted a part time job. You're such a jokester.

How's that quiet working out for you Kraly? I find the voices just talk louder when I'm by myself. Does that happen to you too?

Lisa P said...

Just turn on the tv (and the radio, and the vaccuum cleaner, etc) I find it tends to block out those voices...oh wait I hear one now.

Dee Lisonbee said...

When I quit work I remember wondering what I was going to do with all my free time - then came the calls to work in the classrooms, serve in Relief Society, povide service for others, bake, do things to help the kids do better in school or have the friends they want, Being a mom and a wife is a full time job and that is before the laundry gets done and the floors get cleaned - this is a new experience to be able to be there day after day for the kids coming home from school. Possibly finding even a part time job would get in the way of preparing family home evening lessons or reading with your children. There is a time and season for everything.It might be much more valuable at this season for you to have 100% of your mind and body available for your growing family and invest in their future .You and Stephen have a great opportunity to make a difference in 6 lives - it will take all the commitment you guys have to give but you can do it - with the Lords help of course. we miss Kenze too and look forward to getting to know Stephen and Kole a lot better. We look forward to seeing you soon .