Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Gotta love kids...at least they're honest

Scenario: 7 AM. I have just returned from my morning workout. I am upstairs waking up the girls in their room.

Malia (very groggy) says, "Mom, can you carry me downstairs?"

Bella "Malia, she stinks."

Me, "What?"

Bella, "You stink. You smell like sweat."

Me, (to Malia) "She's right."

Bella (to me) "Finally you agree with me."

Malia "I don't care. Will you carry me?"

I don't know why this stuck with me. I thought it was funny that Bella would point out to me that I smelled. She thought it was crazy that I would agree with her. And Malia, oblivious and sleepy didn't care. That about sums up our mornings. I smell. Bella is quick to point out the obvious. And Malia, she just wants to go back to sleep.

No comments: