Friday, April 13, 2012

Yosemite...it's about time!


We "hiked" to Lower Yosemite Falls. I say "hiked" because it was more like a nice stroll to the most gorgeous waterfall ever! The end of the hike was close enough to the falls that you could feel mist!


The kids loved climbing on all the huge rocks that were around the waterfalls. I think they would've spent the whole day climbing on the rocks below the falls had we not had a slight issue. Carter's blood sugar was really low and we had NO snacks! Poor kid, we told him he could run, climb, or goof off because the car was a good 25 minute walk away and we had no snacks. Lesson learned. Bring more juice when you are going to get lost in Yosemite!



I think this is Bridal Veil Falls. It was a nice little walk up to the falls as well. You could get so close to this one that you could easily fall in. Made for very HIGH anxiety levels for me :)


You can't live this close to Yosemite and NOT go! So, after 5 years of living here, we went! The kids LOVED it! And who wouldn't? It is absolutely gorgeous!
And, maybe the best thing about our timing...there was snow! Plenty to make snowballs with! We weren't exactly dressed for snow, but the kids liked picking it up and throwing it at each other and watching it in the rivers.

This is definitely a trip we are going to make again. Who's coming with us?

3 comments:

Carrie L said...

Wow I love Yosemite! Anyone up for a family reunion there?

Kristin said...

Count me in Carrie! Actually, let me see if I survive Shaver Lake first : ) Michelle, thanks for posting all these fabulous pics for me to enjoy... the were for me, right?

Michelle said...

Yes! Love that idea Carrie :)