Thursday, October 14, 2010

Embracing the inner craft mama

I have been crafty lately! Who knew? This is what I've been up to. The best part is that I had all of this fabric already. It cost me nothing. And that's about how much I like to pay.




These babies are for the girls. We learned to do this at our Not Super Saturday (not allowed to have those any more). They are the cutest rag bags ever and perfect for church bags.



I love love love headbands for the girls. I make them every which way and to match whatever outfit they're wearing the next day. It is so much fun! And, it is the only thing the girls will keep in their hair. Again...stuff I already had on hand except the headbands which I got 3 for $1 at the Dollar Store.


And finally...these cute twirly skirts for the girls. They are going to be "witches" or something like that...I'm not finished making their t-shirts cute. I'm thinking ruffles...rosettes...the possibilities are endless. The skirts are my first attempt at any clothing item for the girls. I just followed an online tutorial (free). You can't tell, but there are PLEATS people...PLEATS! THIS is definitely why I had girls! My poor boys are getting the shaft on the crafty cuteness but I don't think they mind too much...they wouldn't look good in headbands anyway.

5 comments:

Kristin said...

I love the skirts! SO cute! Way to go! I bought some ribbon to make bows to match some of Charlie's fall outfits and haven't been able to pull out my inner craftiness to make them!

Katie L. said...

Wow Michelle! I didn't know you liked crafty! I love your bows, and I want those bags! I have seen blankets made like that and I love them. Nice work.

Katie L. said...

And it makes me laugh that i recognize a couple of those fabrics in there! That sun bonnet sue quilt was AGES ago!

Dale said...

Michelle - Nice work!

Tamara said...

OH MY GOSH! I want one of those bags SO much. I can't wait till I can convince Elizabeth to keep those headbands on. So cute.