Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Nurses are People

I've been meaning to mention this because I think all the nurses out there may appreciate it.

Sarah has been learning to "be a nurse" to Matt by getting the ice pack, pillows, or water. She generally takes great pride in her job. One time, when Matt called her "doctor," she firmly reminded him that she is NOT a doctor, she's a nurse...."remember?" But on to the joke...Matt asked her to get him some water and a couple minutes later the cup drawer was open but I didn't see her anywhere. I called her name and asked if she was going to get daddy some water. She loudly replied from the bathroom, "I was going to but I had to go potty first because nurses are living people too!" I'm glad she has priorities. The water could wait. The bladder, however...

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Hilarious!

Kristin said...

Aw, I'm so excited to see you guys and your kids in all their cuteness!

Tamara said...

Any word on when or if there will be surgery? I am proud to see we have another budding nurse in the family - this one with her priorities straight. I remember in nursing school how they reminded us that bathroom breaks were essential - then I went to work and found they were a luxury so tell Sarah to stand up for her rights.

Tamara said...

yes thats right - mom is on Tamaras computer so the last comment was moms......