Friday, October 2, 2009

Quiet Friday night...

After a great football game today (Jake played and did great), Carter was invited to go fishing with his buddy Sammy and his Grandpa. Carter absolutely lives to go fishing. He'd do it every day if he could. They are going at 5 AM so they can be back in time for conference. So...Carter is spending the night with Sammy and Jake is spending the night with his big brother Jacob. Now, if you know me at all, you know how I feel about sleepovers...but what could I do? I'm not getting up at 5 AM on Saturday to take him over there and I'm certainly not denying Carter the privilege of going fishing...hence the sleepover. Jake told me he'd pay me $5 if he's grumpy tomorrow. He assured me that he will be good and not grumpy. We shall see....But for tonight I am going to enjoy the silence. Carter and Jake are in good hands and I'm sure they're having a great time...And it is lovely to just have the girls.

3 comments:

Katie L. said...

I love it when I have less kids than normal. For some reason if you take any one away things seem to go smoother.

Rickterscale said...

And Jake did it. He was definitely tired, but he held it together and didn't allow himself any meltdowns, which is a first for the day after a late night.

Michelle said...

Bonus...the boys fell asleep on the couch at 6:30!!! An early night for everybody.