Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Tam-o-rama-ding-dong

So let's give it up for Slammy. So many fond memories of Tams. I remember as a kid that I was envious of how well she did in school. We actually shared quite a few classes over the years. The first was Mr. Getskow. (is that how you spell it?) Remember when he used to dump out James's desk because it was always a mess? How about running a mile at like 10am and then having to go back to class all sweaty for the rest of the day? Who does that? Then who can forget the Math classes we had in High School? Mrs. Davidson's pants are probably still on. I don't thing she'll ever get those things off. Mrs. Yoda, I think my voice might actually be lower than yours now. Remember playing calculator baseball with our graphing calculators. If I recall correctly, over your head was the homerun marker. Study session with Kyle Jolley anyone? "Buffy, get out of here!" Those were good times. Then there was the added bonus that Tams was a cheerleader and had inside knowledge of fellow cheerleaders that were either single or about to be. It's all about timing folks.
Tams hard work got her in to BYU, but then she took on the challenge of serving a mission, getting a law degree, passing the bar and becoming a big-time attorney at a well respected firm. With all that in the bag she answered the higher call and became a mother of a sweet littel girl.
So Tams from the days of the infamous "Super Curl" to now being Rosie's Mom, we are all proud of all that you have accomplished. Here's to 29, again and again and again.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Those are some good memories J - Tammy and I didn't share classes, but we did have a few boyfriends/dates in common. Good times. Don't worry folks, she and rick only went on one date. I lived next door to Tammy at BYU for one semester. I'm pretty sure we ate instant rice mixed with cream of chicken soup every single day. Why did we gain ten pounds that semester? I don't know. I remember going out to Los Hermanos in Provo many times, but my favorite was when Rick ordered the enchilada that was unidentifiable and somehow was dubbed the "Namalada." I think Tammy laughed so hard she cried that dinner. I got to see Tammy through some interesting dates also...my favorite was the stratosphere dude. I don't even remember why we call him that...something about the stratosphere in Vegas or something. So, happy birthday Tams. Keep the laughs coming. I can't wait til Rosie starts talking...you'll get to experience parenting at an all new level. I expect some serious blogging at that point...

Katie L. said...

Stratosphere boy, good times. He was from Vegas I believe and talked about little else. He also wore fancy italian shoes, that were ugly if you ask me, but he was proud of them. I don't think anyone else had the punishment of doubling with them. His conversation was uninspiring at best. Adam, thank goodness you found her!
I remember having our first day of snowboarding together, and then after when my arms hurt so bad I couldn't shampoo my own hair in the shower. Have you been that sore since? I haven't!
And how about the road trip when we put The Promise on repeat and listened to it for four hours straight. (That is not a dramatic exaggeration people, we really did. Justin thought the cd kept looping but it was all that one song. It's a good song.) Every time I hear it now I think of you.
I do think Tams, you shine in your role as a mom better than you did in any of your other considerable achievements. Rosie is too cute, and you take good care of her.
We enjoy being close by so we can demand your attendance at our kids birthdays, and have Sunday dinners.
So happy birthdee, and here's to lots more hap hap happy times together in tehas.

Dale said...

To the girl who wrote me every week of my mission, who I share a brain with, as well as an appreciation for some of the finer things in life, like ballroom dancing, "So You Think You Can Dance", hating gluten (OK, maybe not that), but you get the point.

Tammy was kind enough to let me crash her pad in Utah when I was up there starting my new job. The girl can COOK! (If you forget about the whole burning jello myth and focus on the important things like RICE PUDDING!!!) She does an awesome job channeling mom and busting out some good ol' fashioned comfort food. Even when she can't eat it, like cinnamon rolls.

She took one for the team and went to law school so that when I needed to vent about my crazy life (well before the last year and a half) at least someone could speak the language. For that reason, it was the least I could do to have her crash here when she had PSYCHO ROOMIE in Dallas. Those were good times in the Arctic Circle!

Remember going to church and having people think we were hitched? That was funny.

And to finish this off, I just have 4 words for you:

CAN YOU OWL IT?

Courtney said...

Spam,
I'm a little late in the blog greetings but I actually remembered to call you on your birthday so that should count for something.
Reasons why I love you:
-You life coached me through my freshman year of college.
-Cheddar corn chowder for dinner and rice pudding for dessert.
-Orange soda and lime green rice crispy hang over.
-You skipped a big shot law school meeting to eat Thai food and watch felicity with me.
-Annoying bur-leh sound that I had to secretly record on the tapes we sent you on your mission because Dad banned me from making the noise.
-Annoying Star Wars creature sounds that Dad probably would have banned had his 20 year old daughter (YOU!) not also been making the noise.
-Regular phone calls where you listen to my obnoxious young adult drama and I get to hear about your adorable baby.
-You give advice when I want it and keep it to yourself when I don't.
-You get more emotional than I do over the traumas in my life.
-You send me reminders for birthdays
-You picked a good husband...even if he is corn fed...
-You gave me another beautiful niece.

Etc, etc...