Saturday, July 11, 2009

Latest Project

I finally finished my latest project - the entertainment center. Here is the before shot of the TV in the very large 8 foot by 10 foot recess in our family room wall:


And here's the entertainment center, made of six separate units held together by bolts, four doors in the lower units, a wide slide-out drawer on the bottom, and alltogether 25 shelves to fill:


With such a large wall unit, it really makes the 52" TV look small. Look at all that space on the sides and the top. I think I may need to upgrade to a significantly larger TV. What do you think?

I made the units of three different depths to add variation and interest to what is otherwise a fairly simple design:


I added puck lighting along the top. Michelle hasn't decorated yet, so I figured I would get started. I think the shadows cast by the light really adds depth to this piece:

9 comments:

The Queen said...

Rock on! It looks so great! All that's needed now is a little permanent marker, courtesy of Malia or one of her friends, and you'll be good to go.

Lisa P said...

I LOVE it and I totally want to hire you--do you do fireplaces too, because I'd need that at the same time, AND effective cord managment, AND... when can we set up the quote again? Michelle is one lucky lady!

Lisa P said...

Oh and I forgot to commend you on thinking ahead to that bigger tv...

Rickterscale said...

Lisa - did you ever see the fireplace I did in our Decoro house?

Lisa said...

That's incredible. Seriously. We stuck a hand-me-down armoir (I'm not complaining, I like it) in our little cove to hold the t.v., and then finished it off with boxes of food storage on both sides.

Yes, you could always use a larger t.v. We'll be ready for your old one.

jennifer said...

i read your post last night and was in awe of the talent you posses mr. rickterscale. it definitely made an impression because i thought about it at least a dozen times today! that white painted cabinetry that fits PERFECTLY into your niche makes my heart sing! good job man. good job.

j-liz said...

Rick that looks great! Good call on the bigger TV too. A 70" would probably do the trick.

Lisa P said...

Oh great, does that mean you're interested in the job???? I'll tell Jeff, he'll be thrilled:)

Elizabeth said...

I love how you thought ahead and left yourself room for a bigger t.v. Good Thinking!!