Sunday, July 19, 2009

Tea Parties and Curves

Look Familiar Matthew or Brett? Here is Kol, all dressed up, having a tea party with Mackenzie much to his delight. The story behind the pic: Mackenzie was playing with her cousin Sariah last Sunday and they were having a tea party in her room. Tired of interruptions from Kol, they locked him out of the room. He kept knocking on the door begging to be let in the room. He was very upset he didn't get to join the tea party and proceeded to tell Stephen he wanted a tea set for his birthday which is coming up next month. When we asked if he wanted a princess tea set, he threw himself on the ground crying saying he wanted a boy one. Do they make those? You know what we're getting him for his birthday, right?

Story 2
The conversation between Mackenzie and me on our way to a barbeque last night. As we are driving we past a large shopping center.

Mackenzie: Look mom, there's a Curves.

Kristin: There's a what? (I couldn't understand her)

Mackenzie: There's a Curves

Kristin: A what?

Mackenzie: A Curves, you know, for after you have your baby.

Kristin: Thanks Mackenzie (sarcastically, of course)

Mackenzie: Oh you know you're going to get fat!

Kristin: Thanks Mackenzie (again, sarcastically)

Mackenzie: You're welcome!

Sigh.... I hate kids...

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Ha ha. I can't wait for you to have as many kids as I do. It's awesome. The day is full of one liners and kids unknowingly insulting me or something about what I do. Good stuff...

j-liz said...

Monkey-enzie, always entertaining, mostly at Kristin's expense. Do you remember her as a 1 yr old kicking you in the rear? That was awesome. Katie and I were just laughing about that the other day.

Dee Lisonbee said...

I will make it my project to find a teaset that is not so girly - everywhere I go (most likely toys r us of course). That is such a fun picture of Kol and I am proud of Mackenzie for even dressing him up to play with her - that is a great thing.

Stephen, Kristin and our blended posse said...

What Kristin failed to mention is that her and Mackenzie have now taken it upon themselves to gender confuse my poor Kol. We will walk by a department store and Kristin will point to a manequin and ask Kol, "what skirt do you like better...The grey one or the frilly black one?" I told him he's getting a small crossbow and nerf guns for for his birthday.
PS: Mackenzie takes great pride in giving her mom grief over getting fatter as the baby grows.