Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween and stuff...

Of course I must post pictures of halloween...so here you go. This year was a different sort of Halloween...

Here are the troops...I told them I wouldn't pay for their Halloween costumes this year, so we had to get creative. Jake was UCLA football player (though he almost wore his Reagan uniform when UCLA was SUCKING at half time...). Carter was a storm trooper (costume I had in the Halloween box). Bella was a cheetah (a dance costume I borrowed from Beth). Malia was Ariel. Yes, I broke down and paid for that one, but the kids didn't know that...


Jake decided he didn't want to trick or treat at the last minute. He is sort of a health nut (wonder where he got that from...)and didn't want any candy so he didn't see the point in going up to the doors. He walked around with us but was kind of like a wet blanket..

Carter...ahh, how we love carter and his glutenous appetite for food. He wanted to trick or treat all night long. Then, though I specifically told him like 10 times not to eat any candy because I didn't want him to be sick...apparently ate too much. I got woken up at 2:00 AM by Jake telling me Carter was throwing up. He slept through the whole thing. We woke him up, told him to get up and go wash his face off. He looked at us and said, I don't even feel sick. Great! Luckily the vomit was all contained on his sheet. Rick said, "Let's just incinerate that." For some reason, I thought that was very funny at 2:00 AM.

And then there's Bella. She had a great time trick or treating but more fun counting her candy and checking out her loot. She didn't eat very much of it but she was ready to start right in the next morning when we woke up.

It was a good Halloween...it was the first time I can remember my kids all telling me while we were out trick or treating that they were ready to go home. Last year, "the great pumpkin" took all their candy the night after Halloween. So, tonight, when I tucked the girls in bed, Bella and Malia told me they hid their candy from the great pumpkin. They have good memories. Then, a few minutes later, Malia told me she was scared of the Big pumpkin in her room. She wanted me to sleep with her. She said she would scoot over so there was plenty of room. I thought it was funny...I guess I created my own monster.

Hope everyone had a good Halloween!

1 comment:

Katie L. said...

I love hearing about the hilarious stuff your kids do. I got some really good laughs out of your new posts!