Thursday, September 23, 2010

Today's rant.....with pics

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times...not really, but there have definitely been some of those moments this week...Here's what I've been up to...

What the...? This folks was my living room on Sunday night. What did you do for family home evening? We unloaded every cabinet, drawer and shelf in our kitchen and put it in the living room just for fun! Actually, pest control was coming Monday morning so we enlisted everybody's help to unload the kitchen. On MOnday morning when the kids asked how they were supposed to pack their lunches, I told them to go treasure hunting in the living room and see what they could find. They looked at me like I was crazy. I think I am. But, after the pest control guy came, I had to clean everything, top to bottom, and then put everything back. I think it might've taken months, but Elizabeth and Karen came to my rescue and helped me put everything back. My kitchen has never looked better...and no more critters! I hope.


Kindergarden is hard work. I have come downstairs from folding laundry or whatever and found Malia passed out on the couch two days in a row! It is fantastic! She is loving kindergarden. Her teachers have a great sense of humor and are very good to her. Her bus driver said to me the other day, "Your daughter is very social." Yes indeed. She has to wave goodbye and hug all her little friends when she gets off the bus, frequently leaving the bus driver holding in the stop sign in the middle of the street while she says her farewells. Adorable. And yes, she still sucks her thumb...very loudly, I might add. She likes to get in a few good sucks before she goes to school and then hides her blankets so she'll know where to find them when she gets home. I, of course, put her blankets away, every day to try and discourage the thumb sucking, but what can you do?

.
Shameless plug...

Check out these cute blankets. We have so many different ones right now, it's hard to choose. So, plan ahead for the holidays and send all your friends to our blog (www.minkyandmore.blogspot.com) and order away!



And, it is the season of fall sports which, for us, includes cross country (Carter), football (Jake), and soccer (Bella, Carter, and Jake). Which means...practice for an hour after school Monday, Tuesday and Thursday for Jake and Carter, and six soccer practices each week...Monday-Thursday. Friday the boys have cross country meets and football games. Saturdays we have three soccer games...and did I mention Rick is helping coach Jake's team? It is crazy around here...

Last, but not least...



You may have heard...I got into nursing school! But...they decided to go ahead and enroll me in the summer session. Not what I was planning on. And they decided to disallow any postponing...meaning I couldn't just say I'll take the fall semester instead. It's summer or start all over again in the lottery process. I am still waiting to hear from one other college for the January semester and then I will decide what to do...I was so elated to have gotten in...still am. Just not sure what exactly to do about it.

That's all folks. Now you won't wonder why I don't blog very often in all my free time....or lack thereof.

1 comment:

Katie L. said...

Oh my. I'm never going to see you, am I. You are too busy! You need to quit doing all that stuff so you have nothing better to do than drive down and visit me. Regularly!

I am happy you got in to nursing school, I hope you love it!

Thank goodness for friends, huh? That living room pile does not look like fun at all. And I don't like the sound of the critters, either!