Thursday, January 8, 2009

Let the Roasting begin...

Happy Birthday Katie!

I realized today I don't even know how old you are...no matter. I was thinking today about the days we spent at BYU when we'd do Sunday dinners together. I always looked forward to them. I remember many times calling and asking if we could use your washing machine because Jake had had another blow out and we didn't have one. And, I remember the fabulous "Carmelitas" and "Smore cake" you brought for dessert. Yummm...I also remember the exact moment you told me you were pregnant with Emma. I was so surprised and excited that Jake would have a cousin so closeby and that you would get to use the same doctor that delivered Jake. I hooked you up. That doc was so fabulous. It's a good thing I lured you guys to Cali so we could hang out when life got a little more complicated...babies, babies, and more babies. Though I think I've finally forgiven you for moving to Colorado, I'm still holding out for a move that will bring you closer to us. You are one of my favorite people to hang out with. My kids' antics don't drive you crazy. You've always got great food and you're great company. What else could we ask for? I'm surprised you married Justin after Courtney burst into tears when the engagement was anounced. And then having her snuggle up with you guys on your honeymoon...Wow. I so miss the days of lounging at the pool with our fat babies and then putting them down for naps so we could watch Rosie (before she went all nuts on us) and hang out. You are kind and helpful and beyond generous. You have great taste and an eye for detail which I totally and completely lack. You make me laugh. I miss hanging out with you. So, happy birthday Kate. Hope you got to do something fabulous that didn't involve children. If not today, then sometime soon. We're lucky to have you as part of our family (you do claim us, don't you?)

We love you!

4 comments:

The Queen said...

Happy birthday, Kate!

Courtney said...

I really don't think its fair to bring that stuff involving me up...I don't remember any of it so I shouldn't be held accountable.

Anyway, Kate you know I love you. Even if my fashion sense confuses you and my leg hugs repulse you, I still adore you. Happy Birthday! Sorry they came a day late :/

Dee Lisonbee said...

Kate, what can I say besides I couldnt love you more than I do and to this day I still miss the times we had to hang out - at Costco or the park or just around the house. You have added so much to the family and I am so grateful that Justin had the wisdom to fulfill his patriarchal blessing and marry you. you are wonderful and I am so glad you are one of us.

Katie L. said...

Thanks! I do claim you. I was wondering why I wasn't in the sisters picture!