Monday, June 1, 2009

It has begun...

Bella is 6 going on 16. Last week, we wandered around the mall with Nana because that's what Malia wanted to do on her birthday. Bella was eyeing some things but I wouldn't let her buy anything because it was Malia's birthday and Bella didn't have any money with her. Since then, she has been nagging me incessantly to go back to the mall. Today, I gave in. Fine, we'll go to the mall (on our way to do about 20 other errands). We went there first to avoid any further nagging on the subject. And then...it began. She immediately headed for Claires where she proceded to tell me which bracelets/earings are "cool" and which ones are not. She tried on headbands and flipflops and rings. None of them was just right. She finally set her sights on something, only to change her mind. So we spent maybe 1/2 hour in Claires looking at everything. Finally Bella decided to go to Bath and Body and try on lipstick. Seriously people...I had things to do here. And she wanted to try on every stinking lipstick in that place...and THERE'S A LOT OF THEM! How does this look Mom? Which one do you like better Mom? Which one do you think I should get? REALLY? We're doing this already? I thought we'd wait til she was a tween or something...but at the ripe old age of 6, her new favorite hobby is wandering the mall and looking for something in her budget. Mind you, not just anything will do...it has to be perfect. And finally, she settled on a lipstick from bath and body. It's white and sparkly. Why she liked it? I have no idea. Kind of reminds me of the white lips sparkly '80's or something. But she's happy and she's quit nagging me. Nobody give her any money okay? I don't want to be dragged to the mall again for awhile. I should be grateful she's asking my opinion because I know that's going to change sooner rather than later. But all I could think about was the 20 other things I had to get done before the boys got home from school.

4 comments:

The Queen said...

Wow, you have so much more patience than I do!! It sounds like she had a great time, though!

Lisa said...

Maybe next time she wants to spend some money you could plop her down with the Avon catalog. Yikes.

Lisa P said...

oh you are in trouble.

Dee Lisonbee said...

Treasure the moments - hurried they may be - but this is the wonderful time of life when you are her everything and an expert on everything and someone she wants to share everything with.