Tuesday, June 30, 2009

My Family Went to Disneyland Without Me and Left Me at Home By Myself to do Really Really Hard Work: DAY ... Whatever

Okay, so I finished the travertine floors a couple months back. I was waiting until after I finished putting up the baseboards to post pictures, but that was delayed while I was working on the entertainment center. Well, I'm mostly done with that project (just need to do a few touchups), and I was reminded recently that I hadn't finished my posts on the flooring (thanks Ginger), so here they are, before and after (baseboards only partially completed - rounded corners are a real pain when it comes to mouldings). The before pictures show crappy linoleum in the kitchen and bath, ugly cheapo carpet in the eating area and hallway, and a few useless tiles in the front entry. The natural stone is a deginite upgrade.

The hallway and front entry before:


After:

The kitchen before:


And after:



The dining area and kitchen before:



And after:


One thing I learned in all this is that I really don't enjoy tiling all that much. I could at least contemplate an alternative career doing manual labor, such as woodworking, but definitely not tiling. Good thing I only have a couple more, much smaller, tiling projects to do in the house, and then I can retire.

9 comments:

Tamara said...

Well Rick. Since you're not doing anything productive, why don't you come and put some of your newfangled fancy schmancy rocks down at my house.

It looks superfly. (is it still hip to say superfly?)

Dale said...

Nice work. Showoff!

The Queen said...

That looks awesome! Good job.

Kristie said...

That looks really really nice - does Michelle like it?

Ginger said...

Wow! And wow again! The tile looks great! It makes your house look much more open, and really expensive! It's really beautiful. Great work, Rick!

Courtney said...

Dang Rick. I'm seriously impressed. I know nothing about tiling but I do know fancy (as does Bella) and that looks fancy!

Katie L. said...

I'm drooling

j-liz said...

Looks great. Very impressive work.

Carrie L said...

Rick, you are the man!