Sunday, December 6, 2009

Almost there...

Today is the last day of the challenge that I have been doing for 12 weeks. It has been a thorn in my side, but also good for me. I have had to read my scriptures for 15 minutes every day. I haven't done that so faithfully since my mission. I'm grateful that it is now a habit for me. I put the scriptures on my ipod and I listen to them as I walk in the morning or drive places. It is a fabulous multi tasking tool. And...it gives me something to think about without the distraction of kids running through as I'm trying to read. I have exercised 45 minutes six times a week for the last 12 weeks. That has been good for me too...I think I will try to keep that up too. What I'm not going to keep up? The no diet Coke. Rick even told me he thinks I should start drinking it again. He said it makes me happier and more productive. I agree. Don't judge people. Everybody has their happy place...you know, shopping, exercise, reading...mine just happens to be diet Coke. I have already put one int he fridge for tomorrow so after my walk I can start the day off right. Boo yeah! I'm looking forward to waking up! So, thanks Dionne for starting it and I'm so glad to be finishing it!

6 comments:

Kristin said...

Sooo, did u win??

Michelle said...

Seriously...you know me right? did you really doubt me????? Of course I won. Official results still pending.

Dale said...

Has Michelle ever not won anything since the fight over my sandwich 35 years ago?

Katie L. said...

Go Michelle! I wish I could have half of your discipline and determination!

Lisa P said...

You are seriously the most competitive person I've met, and coming from a football mom that is really saying something! Must be being a middle child of 9... Congratulations, you left me in the dust. I didn't think I cared that much about diet coke until I couldn't have any, and then it was about the most important thing in the world!

Courtney said...

Dang girl...I knew about the diet coke but I didn't know there was scripture study and exercise involved as well. Why wasn't I in on this challenge?

You're my hero for taking on the challenge let alone winning it.