Friday, December 11, 2009










































Here are some pics of the little pain in the butt! She is a feisty one- wonder where she gets that.

Charlie extubated herself after being transferred to Chandler Regional NICU. She is suffering from a little respiratory distress due to prematurity. She got one dose of surfactant and remains on CPAP to help keep her little lungs inflated. Her respiratory rate remains high but she is not requiring oxygen now- yeah!

She has an OG tube (oral gastric tube) to help decompress her stomach because the CPAP fills her tummy with air. They aren't feeding her by mouth right now. She is getting fed through her IV (it took them 3 sticks to get one in her). Charlie is on 2 IV antibiotics just in case she has an infection. If her blood cultures are negative after 48 hours and she has no signs of infection they will take her off the abx.

The NICU nurse said Charlie is a sweet baby and loves her pacifier. Sweet! Put a cork in it baby!

I am so thankful for all of your prayers and concern. The last 24 hours have been a nightmare. I lost a considerable amount of blood and it is truly a miracle that Charlie and I survived the whole ordeal as well as we did. This is not the way I had planned her to arrive in this world, but let's be honest- she has been a bad baby from day 1 so why should I have expected anything different when she made her grand appearance on earth?

I can't wait to get out of this hospital so I can go see her at Chandler and hold her for the first time. Hopefully sometime tomorrow.

8 comments:

Michelle said...

I'm so happy everything turned out well. Seriously, I didn't sleep at all last night. I was so worried. I'm glad that she's here! I can't wait to see her. When are you up for company????

Lisa said...

We are so glad that you posted these pictures as we too have been worried and wondering - but, boy are we glad to see how big she looks (considering that I forgot exactly how far along you were) compared to what it might have been. It sounds like things will turn out okay but we do hope you get to go see her soon!!!!!

The Queen said...

Happy birthday bad baby.

Michelle called this morning and said, "Well I have a new niece" and it took me a few seconds to realize who she was talking about.

I am SO glad everything turned out okay- that Stephen was home and you were able to get to the hospital in time. Tender mercies!

I hope she comes home soon!

The Queen said...

P.S. She is really cute and I can't believe you look that good just having had a baby in addition to everything else that happened.

Tamara said...

I am with Michelle. Couldn't sleep at all but I am so thankful for the blessings and miracles we saw this week, especially our miracle new baby niece! Welcome to the world, Bad Baby! Adam is honored to share his birthday with you.

Judy is right. You both look beautiful in your pictures. I hope I get to see you both soon.

Dale said...

Kristin, I slept like a baby that night. (Maybe because my phone was on vibrate and I didn't see Tammy's texts until morning.) I'm really really happy things went as well as they did. I don't think I have the full name for her yet. What is it? (Besides bad baby.)

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for the pictures - you both look much better than I expected and we too are so grateful for all the prayers from Valencia to dallas and all points in between,

j-liz said...

Pleased to meet you Chucky! Can't wait to meet you in person. When that happens I'll make sure Nate-Dog doesn't sit on you until your little lungs are a little stronger.