Friday, April 9, 2010

Sweet success...

This morning, I found a fantastic recipe for apple bran muffins that I wanted to try...so, I mixed it all up and put it outside in the solar oven, went to take a shower and get ready, came back, and voila! They were done! Yummy. Malia and I enjoyed them very much. It has to be one of my new favorite recipes. And, then, this afternoon, I had some extra kids coming home with Carter so I popped some "cookie bars" in the solar oven. They loved watching them cook outside and were absolutely amazed that it worked and they tasted great! I am loving this solar oven. It is the most fun ever...

And tonight, we are missing somebodies...a cute little 4-year-old and her bucky tooth smile and her daddy...who have ditched us for Valencia this weekend. The rest of us will be heading up for Jake's Destination Imagination competition in San Jose this weekend. Should be fun...the boys have to leave by 5:00 AM. Just what I was hoping to do on a Saturday morning...Luckily, Bella and I don't have to leave til 9:00 but I still have to get up and drive the boys to where they need to be at a RIDICULOUS hour.

And lest you think my children are always at odds with each other...Jake offered to let Bella sleep in his room so she wouldn't be alone tonight and she accepted. He even made her up a nice little bed. See...sometimes they're nice to each other.

No comments: