Wednesday, April 18, 2007

A Great Investor

I just wanted to announce to everyone that I made a brilliant investment yesterday. I purchased a new copy of Black House signed by authors Stephen King and Peter Straub for $80 plus shipping. Michelle laughs at me whenever I tell her about my "investments," but we'll see who's laughing (all the way to the bank that is), when I sell it in 10 years for $5,000!!! Yeah, baby!!!!

There were only 25 copies up for sale online, and like 5 billion people trying to buy one, but with my savvy and expert use of the refresh button to get it the second it went on sale, and a fast T1 connection at work, I was able to outmaneuver other buyers through the checkout process to secure myself quite a prize.

You can (and will) thank me later, Michelle.

Rick

2 comments:

Michelle said...

How, on earth, did I get so lucky? I mean really...other people are investing in stocks, money market, real estate...why wouldn't I see a book as a great investment.

Rickterscale said...

That's it. You're not getting any tonight.