Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Spring...

Why do I love spring? It's not what you think...the beautiful flowers and everything in bloom...all the cleaning that gets done, blah blah blah. What I love about spring is the fact that my children rediscover the backyard. It is indeed a fabulous time a year. They swing on the swings, they jump on the trampoline, they get in their swimsuits and squirt each other with the hose...it's just a great time of year. And bonus...it stays lighter longer so they can stay outside til bedtime. Sure, they complain that it's still light outside when they're tucked in their beds and they won't be able to sleep. So, I lovingly tell them to close their eyes and it'll be dark...Ahhhh, spring. It is my favorite time of year!

3 comments:

Our Dowland Journal said...

I'm so jealous! We are still waiting for it to get warm here!

The Queen said...

lol. close your eyes. that's hilarious.

Dee Lisonbee said...

why is close your eyes so hilarious - I can remember every year at daylight savings the fight over going to bed when it is light out - right now that sounds like a fabulous idea - i too can close my eyes and make it dark outside when it is not.....lets hear it for 7:00 bed time