Thursday, May 7, 2009

As a mother for young children, I have come to expect certain things...the toilet will rarely be flushed, closets always hide disasters, at least one child will not like dinner, mornings are crazy, bedtime will never go smoothly, etc. So, I should've expected this...but I didn't.



















Malia gave herself a little haircut...with those kiddie craft scissors.




You'll notice she cut both sides and a chunk off her pony tail. Just short enough so we had no choice but to cut it all off...So here's the new Malia...



Absolutely adorable...



I love the cut...and if she hadn't done it, I don't know if I would've had the guts for a long time...She doesn't look like such a baby any more does she???

7 comments:

jennifer said...

you're right - from baby to teenybopper in seconds! she looks soooo sophisticated. i'm so glad you took the before photo even though it must have been excruciatingly painful and heart-wrenching. it will be good to look back at later on. that melanie does good work - lizzie and i may have to go see her for our next trim...

Ginger said...

So cute!

Dee Lisonbee said...

I am in shock - I can only imagine how you must have felt when you saw the creativity as demonstrated by the cut on both sides and the ponytail - it took my breath away. She looks darling but not nearly so much of a baby - wow, they do grow up dont they

Lisa P said...

Wow she looks so much like Rick in that first picture! Very modern and cute.

Tamara said...

What a cute cut! i'm sure you were traumatized but she looks adorable. I might copy that cut next time!

j-liz said...

She does look very cute.

Katie L. said...

It's impossible for Malia not to be cute, but it is an adorable cut.