Sunday, May 24, 2009

Girl Power!!!


So...in case you have not heard. Lisa and I are pregnant again. She is 20 weeks along (as of today) and we had our ultrasound. IT'S A GIRL!!! You know, I was feeling a little left out. Dale has two girls, Justin has 3 girls, Mark has 2 girls, so I was thinking I needed another one. On the way to the ultrasound, I asked Sarah if she wanted a sister or a brother. She said she wanted a sister, so I guess that decided it for us. She was very cooperative during the ultrasound and gave us several fun views of her arms and legs and everything. We are due on October 11th. So that will make 2 October babies for us. So far the pregnancy has gone well and it looks like Lisa is not going to have to go on bed rest this time. We are excited for Sarah to have a sister. Lisa and I are also excited to have another baby around the house. It seems a little crazy for me to think about being the father of two children, but I am very excited. So, now that we know it is a girl, I am sure you will all have some interesting suggestions for names? Mark...I know where you are going with this...but I still do not think Lisa is going to go for it. But don't worry...you're wearing her down.

-Matty

9 comments:

Lisa P said...

Yeah it seems hard for me to believe you're going to be a father of 2 as well--I still think of you as the kid up the street babysitting my kids, not having you're own. And now I'm terribly curious to hear Mark's suggestion! Jeff was always very "helpful" suggesting names for his own siblings...

Michelle said...

Congrats. We do girls well in this family. They turn out absolutely gorgeous and they all come with some serious spice. I love having two girls in a row. It makes the clothes issue much easier...

Katie L. said...

Congrats Matty and Lisa! We can't wait to see her!

Dale said...

Join the party of the Lazerbeam men being outnumbered. I'm convinced it is because us menfolk are just so awesome that we had to have more girls just to balance the awesomeness. Right???

j-liz said...

Ask and you shall receive...
Corentine
Dericia
Gaynell
Keisha
Kesia
Lakeisha
Lanelle
Laqueta
Laquinta
Latanya
Latisha
Latoya
Mekelle
Moesha
Monisha
Muncel
Nakeisha
Nichelle
Niesha
Quanda
...I can go all day. Just say the word and I'll hit you with 20 more...

Tamara said...

Even though I'm pretty sure my next baby will be a girl, but I'm willing to give up the following names for you:
Cleopha
Mabel
Gertrude
Bessy
Helga
Elophine
Olga
Ursula
Don't thank me. It's really my pleasure.

The Queen said...

Wow.



Just... wow.

Mark said...

Congratulations, I haven't seen the blog in a week. Some of you know that our house was turned upside down for a week for some serious renovations. I am so happy to be back home. More names to follow, but Tammy and Justin are sitting on a goldmine of excellent names.

Stephen Fairbanks II said...

I suppose that leaves only Rick and I as consistent producers of male progeny...must be a Lisonbee genetic thing for Girl Power...now that I think about it the Lisonbee girls tend to be the more dominant personalities in the clan...Congratulations Matt and Lisa.
Well since Justin covered all the African names and Tammy the Eastern European maybe a nice Hindi name or a few Spanish could be an option. I could even offer the following:

Candi
Trixie
Bambi
Barbi
August
Spring
Bubbles
Destiny
Angel
Cherry
Raven
Porche
Crystal
Roxy

For whatever reason these are really popular names here in Scottsdale.

Congrats again!