Friday, September 5, 2008

The haps in Fresno...


Jake had his first cross country meet. He placed 14th out of 66 4th graders which I thought was so fabulous! It was crazy hot...104 in Fresno. They say this is the last heat wave of the summer and I am hoping for Jake's sake that they are correct! He was so strong...there were little kids laying on the grass crying because they hated running in the heat and they were tired. Jake was completely energized and excited to be there.

Bella, Ammon and Malia lplayed in our white trash swimming pool. I mean, what else would you use a cooler for?

Seriously, three kids never had more fun with water than this cooler, the hose, and our swingset. Why would I need a real pool???
It's been a long week. I am so tired. The kids are finally in bed and the weekend has begun. I am looking forward to planting myself on the couch tomorrow to enjoy some serious football. Too bad UCLA is not playing! Go Cougars!

1 comment:

Katie L. said...

I love it when my kids play outside. They haven't too much yet, but I'm holding out hope that when the summer is over...

Way to go Jake! From the picture it looks like the competition wasn't too stiff, but knowing Jake it wouldn't have mattered!