Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Mornings...

Folks, you may or may not remember that I am not particularly fond of mornings...a trait I get from my own mother. I distincly recall having a sleep shirt when i was a teenager that said in very large letters, "I don't do mornings." I echo those sentiments now more than ever. Anyhow, as many times as I've tried to get over this fact of life, I HATE MORNINGS. I DESPISE THEM. I DON'T LIKE THEM. I would be happy, indeed, if I could blisfully sleep until say, 8:30 every morning. But alas, my chidren are early risers and one, the eldest, thinks it is his duty to start talking and continue until he gets on the school bus. So every morning, I "endure" the mindless chatterings of a certain child who seriously cannot stop. Perhaps the most irritating part is that he is either telling tall tales or telling me things that I already heard last night when he was going to bed. I would really like nothing more than to relish these moments, but for n ow, all I can do is endure...How are you mornings???

5 comments:

Courtney said...

I'm going to have to respond with your favorite word...HELL! I get up at 6:00-6:30 every monday, wednesday, friday (after going to bed anywhere from 12:00-2:00) and then on tuesdays and thurdays I sleep in for another glorious hour or two and get up at 7:30-8:00 (again, after going to bed anywhere from 12:00-2:00).

As much as I hate waking up in the morning though, I do have one thing to be grateful for...no kiddies chatting my freaking head off. My roommates are fast asleep and thus, I get an hour and a half or so to myself before I have to talk to a classroom of students I TA for.

Kristie said...

The first thing I hear every morning, without fail, is "Mommy, I want cereal!!" It makes me CRAZY!! Why can't she at least say "Good morning Mommy, how did you sleep?" I'm gonna have to work on that...

OlsenFam said...

I guess I shouldn't complain that I have to DRAG my kids out of bed at 745am to get ready for school!

Katie L. said...

I woke up this morning way earlier than I wanted to, and I was trying to get the twins to go to sleep at midnight last night. I have been dreaming of bed since then, and I'm planning on going soon. But, if you subtract kids from the equation and assume that I'm getting enough sleep (which I never am) I actually like the quiet hours of the morning when the sun is coming up and it feels like lots of the world is still sleeping. I have good thoughtful moments then as I plan out my day. I wonder if I'll ever get that feeling back....not while my kids are here anyway.

Mandolin said...

Do you think kids would notice if mother's started wearing ear plugs? Maybe you could walk around with a headset on and just take it off when you decided you were ready to listen. I can remember calling "Mom" all around the house for years when I was young and never understanding why I would frequently find her locked in her bedroom or something of the sort. She was probably trying to find her one ounce of privacy to think, get dressed, or just talk on the phone. Oh the humor of now being the one to hide in the closet just for a little peace!