Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Calling all Lisonbeakers....


We are all slackers and we didn't do a Kristin post on her birthday. So, if three weeks is late is good enough for the "other sister" (Judy), then it's good enough for Kristin. I would just like to make a side note that at least we were together (a lot of us, anyway) on her actual birthday in Texas. If I recall correctly, my stomach muscles were sore the next morning from laughing at Kristin (and Courtney's) complete inapropriateness. But, it wouldn't have been a party without it. It made me miss all of us being together.

So, here's to Kristin who is always good for amusement...whether we're laughing with her or at her, we're always laughing when she's around. My favorite memories of Kristin...let's see, there's the BYU college days when Kristin was rooming with Mahele (that poor dorm mom had no idea who she was dealing with). Those were days of nothing but amusement. They ran around in their bikinis in the snow. AT BYU people...Kristin died her hair black and became known as El Vira. Then, she tried to touch up the roots and instead looked like a striped skunk. It was a real nice surprise. One time I parked in the parking spot of the head resident and she came screaming down the halls looking for me. Well, the head resident didn't actually know me, she just knew I was Kristin's sister. All I know is that it was cold outside and that was the only available parking space. What was I supposed to do???...I could go on about her crazy boyfriend stories, but since she's married now, I'll leave those out. I like that anytime I'm home, I see Kristin walking around in a towel at least once. (And now she's got the bazooms to hold that thing up...)I really miss her different laughs. She used to do them for us to make us laugh. She had so many...all completely ridiculous, loud, and obnoxious and hillarious. I got to take many a road trip with Kristin (and Mahele) home from Provo in Pat. Now, picture three very tired college girls, hyped up on caffeine and whatever loud music was in at that point...Good times. Then there's the high school days...Kristin making our YW president's life completely miserable, hanging out in the foyer when we were supposed to be somewhere else.

On a sappy note, I don't think I've seen Kristin look as beautiful and as happy as she did this past May on her wedding day. Granted, their circumstances are unconventional, but I'm proud of them for being willing to do what it takes. We've all had Kristin and Mackenzie in our prayers throughout this custody battle, but we haven't lived through the day-to-day ups and downs that go along with this. So, here's to you Kristin (and Steven) for being strong through some extremely trying times. After this is over, the rest of your life will seem like a cake walk! So Happy Birthday! Next year we'll do it ON your actual birthday...

7 comments:

Courtney said...

Oh Kristin, where do I even begin? In describing family members I often refer to you as my kindred spirit because, well, you're jacked up in the head like me. In case you're even considering it, I'll provide you proof...

1) Taking me out of school on Valentines Day to come with you to get your belly button peirced.
2) Taking me with you to the mall and having you call you and Rebecca both mom so people thought you were my lesbian parents.
3) Threatening to flash the boys (brett, matt, mark) if they wouldn't let me play with them.
4) Getting me to drink that nasty orange crap you take when your pregnant before one of your appointments.
5) On a similar note, having me try some of that foul substance that is supposed to enduce labor.

Like Michelle though, I gotta take it sappy for a sec. You have always been someone I really look up to. You have been through more than most people I know and you've took it all in stride. You're the only person I know that comes close to the generosity of Mom. You've raised (by yourself) the most amazing little girl. And more important than all that, you're the pretty sister.

Love, Coco

j-liz said...

Most of my early memories of Kristin revolve around the relentless teasing of Tam-o-rama-ding-dong. Kristin and her (un-named) wingman would faint every time Tams came in the room. Or when asked to wake up there little sister for school, they would pretend to hold a trumpet right to her ear and in their loudest voice scream, "do-do-do-doooooooo!

Then of course I found quick popularity in High School when it was discovered that I was the brother of a cheerleader that would oil up and fry herself at our pool everyday. Suddenly the guys all wanted to come to my house to hang out. Like Tammy, Kristin was always generous with her introductions of me to her friends. I was willing to do the same but Kristin had the social scene covered and didn't need any help.
Now adults (or so we claim) Kristin is an amazing example of strength and perseverance. Handling a demanding job, furthering her education, and raising a kid, while flying solo, is incredible. We are all proud of you for all you have accomplished and are especially happy for you to have found someone to be with. Happy Late B-day, Lovems.

Dale said...

Kralystone...

I'm not sure where to start. Before I go too far, I'm still saving up for your wedding gift. I think you get it in the grocery store on the aisle with things like sandwich bags and aluminum foil.

Life without Kristin would have been very boring. I mean seriously. She is funny and mischievous. She is also very compassionate. I still remember crying on her shoulder when Jessica and I broke up.

If Kristin was a dance, can we just say LATIN dance. I mean talk about spicing up life. Seriously. All you have to do is sit in a room with her and Tammy. You will hear politically [IN]correct speech in its purest form. You will watch Tammy feign to be appalled. (I would love to have seen Grandma Vivian and Kristin as an adult in a room together. Can you imagine? They would result in the downfall of being PC forever!)

Justin, like you, I became a bit more popular in high school on Kristin's account. I'm pretty sure it was reciprocal though, right Kristin? OK fine, maybe not.

Anyway, HBD!

Dee Lisonbee said...

Kristin you have always danced to your own music and I have been amazed that your friendship with Rebecca has endured all that is has been though. You are amazingly compassionate and sensitive and have more backbone that an army of people. I am proud of who you are and grateful for the choices that you have made that have kept you close to your Heavenly Father and allowed you to make choices that will allow you to be sealed in the temple and have an eternal family. You are amazing and I am grateful for all that you do for me and all the joy you bring to the family hbd mom

Mark said...

Kristin, you will probably never know how much I love and admire you. You have always been someone who has had the strength to stand alone in the face of adversity and never blink an eye. Your multi-tasking skills are something that make me tired and stressed just thinking about them. Furthermore, the job you do with Mackenzie is amazing. You have alyaws put her first, no matter what. Also, your dedication to school is an inspiration for me and my future aspirations of climbing into a better job.

Thanks for all you do and being who you are.

Tamara said...

Ann,
She's just a little girl. Now put on your cheer uniform and cheer at homecoming with me. Say what you want but I'll always be your first husband and the father of Little Mack. Could you please remind me what the king lion said to the mouse wizard? And maybe while you're at it, could you remind me of the moves to our dance we made up on roller skates that we practiced endlessly in the garage? How about we put pool rings on our ankles and play mermaid in Kaydee's pool. Speaking of which, "Kaydee, say like be quiet." I brought you a present. it's bull's eye. he's a gonkey. hee haw. I didn't want it to come to this but Kristin, go get *** on your hands. ALALALALA. Thanks for playing barbies with me until we were like 12, for pretending you didn't notice when my crush who invited me to hike the Narrows completely ignored me while he was hitting on some skinny blonde chick, for lending me your baby when she was the only thing in the world that could have saved me and for having the guts to do and say the things I never could. Even though you're really bucked up, I really admire your grace and poise in ugly situations. You take the high road far better than I ever could. So Moo Hoo Ha Ha Heh Heh Cackle Cackle. Love ya, mean it, don't ever change. XOXO,
Drizz

Katie L. said...

Kristin,
Wow, have a little overdue sap for your birthday, but you are the life of the party, what did you expect? You are so fun to be around, and since Justin pretty much adores you I had to learn to do the "prego dance" thanks for that. I always loved watching Mack and having you be Camille's second mom, somebody needed to hold that poor kid. And I enjoy watching you for style ideas (an area in which you are great and I suck) so thanks for wearing the same Old Navy pajama pants as me for several years and not complaining when I went out and bought the same outfit you had because you are so cool. Happy Late Birthday, sorry we are all such losers that we didn't tell you sooner!