Sunday, October 12, 2008

Justin would be so proud...

Our Saturdays are filled with soccer! I love watching the games. I coach Bella's team, so I am also the ref...I am literally in the middle of the game! So, Carter had a game on Saturday. He is excellent at defense because he's not afraid to launch the ball. After one of the boys had scored a few goals, the coach switched Carter to forward. He was kind of clueless as far as positions go but thankfully, the ref was from our team and he was kind of standing by Carter coaching him...So, there was a goalie kick or a corner kick or something and the ball came to Carter and so Carter launched the ball towards the goal...it bounces in front of the goalie and then over his head into the goal! The look on Carter's face was classic complete surprise and glee all at the same time. I don't think I will ever see him do something like that again, but it was SWEET!

3 comments:

j-liz said...

That's awesome. Good for Carter getting on the scoreboard! On my indoor team we have a real issue with defense. Everybody wants to score and nobody wants to stay back. After scoring the team's first goal of the season a month ago, I have been one of 2 people willing to stay back and play D. It is a thankless job sometimes.

jennifer said...

that was an awesome (one-in-a-million) shot. not that he doesn't have talent... i know he does, but wow. it was so perfect! he was just as surprised as the rest of us. you and rick looked just as gleeful as carter did.

Katie L. said...

I am getting anxious to sign the kids up for something. I think Camille needs it and I want Emma to start before she is self consious about playing.