Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Small victories...

Life is made better by all the little victories. This week, I actually remembered to buy Christmas wrapping paper to wrap some fabulous bargains I found and bought for Christmas this year. Then, I sent in my voter registration which has been on my to do list for ages. I also had to break out jeans because it was cold the other day and...last year's jeans still fit! That's always a victory for me. And, I discovered that if you microwave hominy long enough, it tastes like corn nuts without all the oil! You see, life is good. Oh, and Bella graduated from speech. Now, if I can just find the boys some cheap Halloween costumes, I will be very happy indeed.

7 comments:

Ginger said...

Hey- I like the festive background... that reminds me I had a background I was saving for this month!

I vote for paper bag costumes... those are cheap! :-)

Katie L. said...

Borrow! Elisabeth has 5 boys, right? Surely they have a couple lying around somewhere. Of course, that doesn't work when they are particular about what they want to be.

jennifer said...

we have 2 darth vader capes and helmet get-ups if you want them. trevor and logan are both going to be storm troopers this year.

and i want to know if the homoney, hominey, homeny (how do you spell it???) crunches like corn nuts after it's been cooked for 5 minutes in the micro...

Tamara said...

Tams + Corn nuts = Love
Michelle + fitting into her old jeans from last winter = the envy of her sister who has a 2 month old baby and is now not sure she'll ever return to a normal looking shape.

I guess we can still be friends though, since you spilled your tip about the hominy. Thanks!

Michelle said...

Jennifer...yes hominy crunches like corn nuts but it's more like 8 or 9 minutes in the microwave. It's cool to listen while it's cooking because it pops up like popcorn does. You'll find pieces of hominy have flown outside your pan when you take it out of the microwave...

Dee Lisonbee said...

I could offer Matthews Alladin costume which I happen to have on the floor in my living room....

Tamara said...

matty was aladdin? when was this?