Saturday, April 25, 2009

American Idol tryouts...Edwardson style

American Idol--you got nothing on us. We had our very own version of HORRIBLE karaoke style singing today. The kids were listening to our ipods (Jake and Carter were sharing mine and Bella was listening to Rick's). Anyhow, they were sitting on the ladder of the swingset outside and both Jake and Carter busted out with "Because of You" by Reba and Kelly Clarkson. I have never heard anything so hilarious and HORRIBLE at the same time. My wrestling, sports finatic, BOYS singing Kelly Clarkson and Reba! Oh, the horror of it all. And then, Bella took a turn listening to the same song. Of course, she can't tell she's singing really loud, so she busted the chorus out full volume. The poor kid just cannot sing, but she seriously believes she can (just like those cuckoo American Idol contestants). Where was my video camera????

1 comment:

Dale said...

Bella and I need to do a duet. The only song on "Rock Band" that I managed not to get kicked off the game while singing is "Roxanne" by the Police (notably in falcetto). Apparently the stupid game doesn't like my real voice. It obviously has no taste or sense of pitch or whatever it is that it kicks me off for. It must be because it hates lawyers.