Saturday, April 4, 2009

H to the BD, Bunner!

Seriously, how do you not love this kid? Every time I talk to Matty I remember how much I miss living near him. And why do we love him? Celebrity Jeopardy at his mission farewell for starters. Anyone who can work "canteen boy" into a sacrament talk is a rock star in my book. In fact, because you're so darned loveable Matty, I'm going to make you a CD of all your favorite Christmas songs from when you worked in that warehouse/ stock room at BYU. Yep. My pleasure. Don't even think of thanking me. Oh, and since I haven't told you in a very long time, you're pretty. You're a girl you know. Just go ahead and explain again to Kathy about your gender confused roommate. A la la la la la la. I wish I could surprise you with balloons in the library like you did for me but alas, I'll just have to call you and serenade you on your voicemail to remind you how much you love me...er...i mean how much we love you.
And it's not just me. Babies love him.

Kids love him.

Lisa loves him, even if he does call her Trebek...

And you know you love him to. So go ahead and tell him. Come on. Birthday posts are my favorite because you all always come through on these. Let the hilarity begin!

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh Matty...if there's anyone who has a better sense of humor, I'd like to meet him. I love it when you're around because my children are always occupied. Sure, there's complete chaos, and they're all wound up when you leave, but they have some serious fun. I have enjoyed watching you with Sarah. I'm so glad we got to see you for a few minutes last month. It was so fun! Sarah is adorable! I hope you have a hap, hap, happy birthday. Go ahead and buy yourself something real nice from me!

Dale said...

Matty rocks the hizzie. It was cool having you nearby for the lengthy period of time we lived in Mapleton. We only left because Matty ditched us to go hang out with some chick in Sacramento. Big "W" to that. Priorities. Seriously. Anyway, he has always been a good example and is one of the most humble people I know. He is also reasonably bright, for a girl. He's not bad at sports either. Lisa, if he goes to getting a big head with all these tributes, bring him back down to earth. HBD Matty!

j-liz said...

Happy Birthday Mathems. I have so many great memories growing up with Matty. Most of which revolve around playing sports...football, street hockey, baseball. Somehow the balls always ended up in neighbors yards. It has been many years but I am pretty sure I have boosted Matty over quite a few walls to go retrieve balls in yards that may or may not have had dogs.
When it was too cold or too hot, we would play sports inside. (just kidding Dad, that would never happen. We were very obedient kids) We pretty much played the same games except with Nerf balls (where available.) Home run derbies, basketball, slow-mo football, soccer...oh man, those were good times!
You have always been a great brother and example to me. I wish that we were closer so that my kids could enjoy your company more...and so that I could have a solid defender on my indoor soccer team!

Mark said...

Oh yeah, we love him too. I will never forget hanging out with him in Montana on the 4th of JULY. We had a pancake breakfast at the church, played basketball, football, ate snowcones, and went somewhere for dinner. By the way, my mission was a tough one. I was so honored to have him there with me as a missionary.

Matty said...

Birthday posts are always good for getting you pumped up and feeling good about yourself. Thanks everyone for the nice comments. It is funny how over time, even though you end up further apart, how much you realize how much you love your family and how much they mean to you. I have heard several reasons to come to Texas, and while cheap housing, nice people, etc, etc, have not persuaded me, that indoor soccer definitely is the most persuading reason yet. But seeing as I owe about 150% of what my home is worth, I dont see me leaving this house any time soon, but we would love to come and visit.