Friday, April 10, 2009

My Family Went to Disneyland Without Me and Left Me at Home By Myself to do Really Really Hard Work: DAY 5

Since it is apparent that there is no way I'll finish this job before Michelle and the kids return from going to Disneyland without me (and leaving me at home by myself to do really really hard work), per Michelle's request, I'll try to finish off the kitchen area before getting to the entry way and bathroom, so she can have her precious dishwasher and oven. Seriously, what do you need those for when you've got two hands, a sink and a microwave? 

Anyway, like a good husband, I'll do as requested. All I had left to tile was the permiter of the kitchen and eating area, and I got halfway around on Day 5. Hopefully on Day 6 I'll finish tiling the area (minus the pantry), will grout on Saturday, and seal it on Monday or Tuesday (sorry Michelle - you'll be a few days without the appliances, since the grout needs to cure for 2-3 days before it's all sealed, but we'll get 'em in sooner rather than later).


2 comments:

Karen said...

We feel your pain- we are about three weeks into this Demo mess- that we call re-tiling! Unfortunately for Kip, We (Karen and the Kids) did not go any where for spring break. We are just constantly in the way! We have been without a stove and dishasher for two weeks now- It is worse than you would think.... You can only eat so much microwavable food (pizza pockets and corndogs, etc) before the urge to hurl comes on. Good luck with the finishing tiles!

Katie L. said...

Looking good Rick. You can come do ours to keep your new skills fresh. I wouldn't want you to get rusty.