Thursday, April 16, 2009

Miracles Happen

So today was our Trial Setting Conference that Carol attended on our behalf. I got a voicemail from her asking me to call her immediately. When I called her office she was in a meeting and her office assistant let me know that Carol had left me that message a "while ago". Well excuse me for not keeping my phone next to me when I decide to take a nap! Carol's assistant asked if I could come in tomorrow at 1 p.m. Of course I said yes. Too bad I don't know what I'm coming in for.

3 hours later... I check my emails and Carol has sent me an email. Brace yourselves now, because I've got some exciting news. Justin agreed to the terms of the eval-- the terms that grant the move away and offer him the SAME custody I offered him in February of 2008 before he started this whole legal mess. $20K later, we are finally going to get what we have been asking/praying for. It looks as if Mackenzie and I will be joining Stephen and the boys in Arizona in June after Mackenzie finishes school.

Now, if only we had a house to move into...

I am grateful for the blessings that have been showered upon us recently, and for all of your prayers on our behalf. Thank you everyone!!

Why can't I wipe this retarded smile off my face??

6 comments:

The Queen said...

Wooooooohoooooooooooo!!!!

A) Justin has serious probems and now he owes you lots of money.

B) I am so excited for you!!! Is Stephen sure he knows what he just got himself into??

C) I will miss you! You will have to come back a lot!

D) Guess who will be the favorite daughter NOW?

E) That would be me.

F) I'm done now. Or I could keep going all the way to Z. If you really want me to.

Michelle said...

I'm really excited for you guys. This has been a long haul. I knew that the truth would come out in the end and I'm glad that Justin decided to let it go. It's obvious what mackenzie wants and I'm glad that he is finally listening to reason. Congrats! I can't wait til you can find a house. One question though...who's paying for all the flights back and forth? And, did you get child support?

Katie L. said...

YEE HAW! (We are Texans now)

I am so happy for you! Let us know when to come visit you in your new house. I'm sure that will fall into place soon!

Lisa P said...

Kristin, that's soooooo amazing! I really always trusted that any logical person would see what was right for Mackenzie was to be with you and for you to be with your family. Congrats!

Tamara said...

Krally, I can't believe it actually happened. Holy cow. After all this, you finally get to be with Stephen and keep Kenz. That is so fantastic.

All I can say for Justin is (and I'm borrowing from Dad here) Bozo...Dipstick!!

Mark said...

Justin finally did the right thing. It is a miracle beyond belief. Truth prevails. Congratulations!!!!!!!!!

We will miss you and Mackenzie so much, especially Aurora.