Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Day three...

Day three with no diet Coke. Result: a splitting headache and I am completely exhausted. Okay people, before you go all judgmental on me, let's remember that I was only drinking one measley diet Coke in the morning...none after that. I had already given up diet coke during the day because it interrupts my sleep at night...I can't imagine how I'd feel right now if I had been on my former regimen of a super big gulp every day...I am triumphant, however. I sat in a meeting yesterday from 8:45 til about 3:15 where we were treated to lovely snacks (m&m's, cookies, crackers, and all i could drink diet Coke) but I did not cave...not even a single m&m (also part of "The Challenge.") The librarian even brought her famous cookies and I took one and then stashed it in a napkin to bring home to Rick for later. So, three days down, 81 to go...Wish me luck.

6 comments:

Katie L. said...

Good Job. I would have totally caved, cookies are a weakness of mine. You still haven't told me what challenge you are doing.

Dee Lisonbee said...

great job Michelle - you are the queen of will power. I didnt take any pepsi or rockstar to arizona but when i returned I went back to drinking 1 rockstar each morning - so...one of my problems is lack of will power - glad you didnt inherit that from me

j-liz said...

I remember when the doc told me that my migraines were probably from caffeine and I should cut the soda. That was a rough few weeks but it got better and better until they weren't any cravings at all. OK maybe a few here and there, but you'll make it...Hang in there!

Dale said...

Seriously, Mark get your can up to Fresno and go chest bump the wall on Michelle's behalf. Keep it up!

Rickterscale said...

Uh, hello. Where's the cookie?????

Katie L. said...

Uh, hello. In the meeting with the other delicious snacks.