Sunday, September 27, 2009

HBD Kristin!

So, maybe the only person that remembers the genesis of that is Dad. We went to the store to get a cake for Kristin's birthday. I think maybe she was with us or something, because Dad was trying to be discreet. He asked the baker worker to write HBD Kristin (as in short for happy birthday). So, when we picked up the cake, it literally read: "HBD Kristin." Seriously? Anyway, it was one of those moments that will live in infamy.

Kristin, I wanted to say happy birthday. I am very glad that the last year is over for you and that you are now able to move on to bigger and better things. (No that is not a pregnancy or size of belly joke.) :)

I'm excited for you and nervous for you at the same time. It has been just under 5 years since the girls were born, but already it seems like aeons ago. I have forgotten what it is like to have a baby around. Have you? Maybe suppressed is a better word for it.

So the big 2-9, hey? Can't believe you are almost 30! I used to be good at math so if you are forgetting your age, just take my word for it.

As far as a roast ... I got nothing. I really hope this is a fun time for you and that you receive all the blessings you richly deserve and have worked so hard for!

2 comments:

j-liz said...

Dude, I totally recall the HBD moment. Wasn't it at Carvel on Mcbean?

Krally-stone, Happy Birthday. We tried to call you last night but there was no answer. Did you get a new cell phone number? Or were you just screening my call? Well, either way, jokes on you. I had Bubba and his fat cheeks all ready to say "Happy Birday, Kisten."
I am sure we could get him prepped again. The kids want to Skype and chat with Monkeyenzie anyway.

So I agree with Dale...I am so happy for you and your new life. It's great to see you moving on and doing well. I can't wait for hear the announcement of your new baby. We'll have to make a trip out to welcome the little runt into the fam and double the inhabitants of your home sometime. You know, have a good old fashioned Arizona family sleep-over...maybe we could sleep on the trampoline, and get hit with sprinklers at 3 am. Don't worry, there will be no attempting to balance on a bucket in the pool, no Dungeons and Dragons and we'll leave the Lysol at home.

Michelle said...

Um yeah...I totally remember the HBD moment, but I think it was at the Baskin Robbins that used to be on Valencia Blvd. by Kmart. Either way, it was good times. I actually texted Kristin H.B.D. on her birthday...