Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Why I never blog any more...

Well, first there was summer. And, I spent about every waking moment trying to entertain the children. My house was a wreck, I got nothing done, but most of the time the kids were sufficiently entertained. And now, it's not summer any more. In fact, I have the days to myself...with just Malia hanging on for the ride. However, with school starting, so did a crazy schedule. Let's see, there's Jake's football which lasts until 4:30 every day. There is a bus to take him home, but he won't take it because he doesn't like the bus driver, so I have to pick him up. Then there's Carter's soccer practice on Monday and Wednesday Evenings and Bella's soccer on Tuesday and Thursday evenings. Jake has football games on Fridays except for this week he has one on Saturday. Carter has a soccer tournament next Saturday...three games in one day. Oh, and let's not forget Jake's choir and band which is mostly during school hours but there are other performances also. This week I have enrichment (right this second, actually) as well as Back to School Night...oh, and of course, I'm the den leader so there's that on Tuesday nights also. I missed the PTC meeting because it interfered with soccer and scouts and I couldn't figure out how to be in three places at once. And let's not even talk about homework. I gave Carter a pass tonight after he worked on it from the time he got home until he left for soccer...I think we were all over it at that point. Every kid has to read for 30 minutes a night and we try and get family scripture study in too every night. I did make it to the temple this week which is a personal victory for me...actually, I think that was last week, but whatever. And then there's my work for Elise which is a steady flow and trying to volunteer in the kids' classrooms at school. I have to volunteer in malia's preschool twice every two months. I guess that's about all I do...except for the usual cooking, cleaning, jogging, laundry, and those things we all do every day. Oh, except at my house, I am super cheap...so laundry is an evening only chore (when the electricity's cheaper). So, as if my nights weren't packed enough, I throw in a few loads of laundry every night so that awaiting me in the morning is a big old pile to fold...Somehow, in the middle of this tornado that is my life right now, I don't find time to blog...I do, however, find time to watch college football on Saturday! And it rocked last weekend, if I do say so myself. Anyway, so that's where I've been. However, it's about to get better. A challenge I am participating forces me to "journal" every day. Since this is about the closest thing I have to a journal...you people are in for a real treat (said sarcastically, of course). That begins next Monday...so until then...I'll just go back to my little life...

6 comments:

The Queen said...

I miss you!!! For real. Not just on the blog. :)

Kristie said...

Sooo...you never made it to enrichment!? It was a good one...we missed you.

jennifer said...

amen, sister. when did life get this busy?

i think i may try your save energy/$ by doing laundry at night. our pg&e bill was RIDICULOUS last month. i'm interested to see if that makes a difference...

sueyado said...

Can you believe all the homework?!!! Why do they pile it on so heavy for these kids?! We chose not to do soccer for the very reasons you listed...too crazy on the schedule! Good luck with all the craziness!

Katie L. said...

I'm always amazed by the amount of stuff you do, and make it look easy. I cave much quicker than you do.

Lisa P said...

Ahhh, yes....she says with a knowing sigh...