Sunday, July 20, 2008

Are you sick of these posts yet?

There are very few things that make me this happy. I love to look out the window at what was once our dirt backyard and see stuff growing. This is our watermelon. It started from two little tiny plants. I don't even have to do anything. It just grows. It has taken over the back of our yard and I'm so excited to eat some actual produce.

I am so excited about this plant too...it was two tiny little cantaloupe plants and it has taken over the corner and the back of our yard too. There are tons of flowers on it so I'm hoping to see little cantaloupes any day now.

This past week, we had zucchini cakes made from zucchini from our garden. I was thinking the kids would hate them, but they actually loved them. Carter even had a couple helpings. Later in the week, we also had a pasta salad with tomatoes, zucchini, and basil, all from our garden. There is nothing as tasty as fresh pasta salad.

In other news, we are signing off for a few days while we go on our little vacation to Valencia. I am taking the kids and going to hang out with mom and our Valencia friends this week. We have been home in Fresno for two weeks now and I think that is plenty. The natives are getting restless. So, we'll go to Valencia this week and then two weeks after that, we will be going to Monterey for a few days. School will start shortly after that and I will only have one child at home! I can't believe that I will have three school aged children. CRAZY! So, have a good week...we'll post about our adventures later.

2 comments:

Tamara said...

I am very impressed. You've inspired me to plant a garden of my own although I can't imagine I'll be anywhere near as successful. At least we can post our pictures side by side as what to do and what not to do pictures. Don't worry. I'll volunteer to be el ejemplo menos eficaz.

Lisa said...

I'm glad you posted pictures too because I haven't done a garden but want to do one around the edges of our lawn since we have bark there and everywhere else is grass. Looking at yours reminds me that its possible. Or, as Tammy would say, pah-SEE-blay.