Thursday, July 17, 2008

Random thoughts...

Is it bad that I've really appreciated the last couple days at my house? Here's why. After morning outings, the kids invited friends over. The kids and their friends spent the rest of the day entertaining each other. And I spent both afternoons reading a good book. (Today is book club and I had a book to finish up). Really, is there anything more fabulous than 7 kids upstairs playing the wii or something in their rooms and a quiet downstairs in air conditioned comofort reading a good book. Beautiful. Summer time is a great time to read books....

DISLCAIMER!!! It is very RARE that I get time to read books, but when the kids have friends over and the house is clean, I think I'm entitled to a good book.

Also a random thought...BLANKIE IS MISSING!!! I'm sure it will turn up, but we had it when we went to go swimming today and it didn't come home with us. Poor Malia is in various stages of complete devastation.

And, let's hear it for me. Why? Because after three years of pre-requisites I finally got my nursing application in the mail today so I can sit on the waiting list until my hair turns gray...or until my name comes up on the random lottery list...whichever comes first.

7 comments:

Dee Lisonbee said...

You go Michelle. Anytime - even a short time- spent in peace and quiet reading a good book can be absolutely wonderful and as for the nursing application you can bet it will sit until the MOST inconvenient time and then you will get the letter that says you must RSVP within days or lose your spot so, the world turns upside down and you become a nursing student - I hope you enjoy nursing school as much as I did.

Lisa said...

I applaud the reading of a good book. You are really doing your kids a favor because they are learning self-sufficiency - the ability to entertain themselves. And let's face it, after several years of school I have learned that being able to entertain myself in any situation is a great blessing. They will thank you for it.

And I want to hear more about Malia's "stages" of devastation - like, is she in denial? Does she walk around pretending like she is still holding her blankie? Do you think she'll go for the new one now? Good luck!!

Courtney said...

Yay for the nursing program. No worries Michelle, mom didn't start it until her youngest (of nine children) was about 8 and look how much time she's had plenty of time to enjoy the career.

Carrie L said...

Oh come on, you can't tell us you're reading a good book and then not tell us what it is!

Tamara said...

I agree. Spill it. What book?

Michelle said...

Drum roll please...the book was To Kill A Mockingbird. I haven't ever read it and it was our book club selection of the month and I LOVED IT!!!!!!

Katie L. said...

I can't seem to keep my house clean long enough to read, so I just read amidst the piles of laundry and assorted toys. Good job on your nursing application, that is the kind of thing I put off and struggle to finish.