Monday, July 7, 2008

We're Baaaaaack...


What a beautiful lake! We had a great time. The weather was absolutely picture perfect. The days were in the 80's and the nights were cold. It was so awesome to be pefectly comfortable during the day. This is probably the first 4th of July I can remember not being absolutely sweltering hot!!!!

I think the count was something like 35 kids and 15 adults. There were a ton of people...and the kids were mostly very young. However, there was no fighting or arguing or kids saying "I'm bored," or "Can I play the Wii?" Grandpa Doug has a boat which he used to pull a skiier or one of those tubes. I loved riding the tube. The first couple times I went, the driver was nice and I just loved the ride...the last couple of times I went, the driver was trying to throw us off, and he was encouraged by the other people in the boat. We ended up jumping off mid flight so we didn't get thrown off! My arms are still sore from holding on for dear life...There were also kayaks and canoes as well as a huge water trampoline to keep the kids occupied.

One of the highlights was definitely when Nana and Papa arrived with fishing polls. The kid were so excited. Jake was the most dedicated fisherman and it paid off when he caught two fish on Saturday morning before we left. The only think the kids loved even better was gutting the fish and eating them...

And this is the view we got all week...Malia with her buns hanging out of her swimsuit and Preston with his crack hanging out. I dont' know what it is...but Malia's buns were ALWAYS hanging out. It didn't matter which of her five swimsuits she was wearing. Cute view though.
And the highlight of my trip...riding on the sheriff boat. Turns out, the last run of the week, which I happened to be on, we had a few too many people on board the boat. The Sheriff's boat stopped us and gave us a "warning" (thankfully not a ticket). He insisted we remove a few of us from the boat so we could be in compliance with safety rules. They were very nice. So, me, Malia, Bella, and another girl had to ride on the Sheriff's boat back to shore. When we arrived, the police guys let us take pictures with them and even gave all the kids their own whistles that had the sheriff logo on them. Sweet!
All in all, it was a fabulous trips. there were activities every morning for the kids to do, like a craft or something. All meals were provided for us. We were each in charge of two meals and then we could relax and enjoy the rest of the time. Every evening we had a campfire and an activity which included a sing-a-long, karaoke, trick or treating (stinky feeting), a scavenger hunt, and even a 4th of July program. Then, when the kids went to bed, the adults got to hang out and enjoy the time w/o the kiddies. It was a great week. I am glad that mom and dad were able to join us. The kids enjoyed being able to spend time with them. I am so grateful to have good friends and to be included in activities like this...it's something my kids will be talking about all year!

5 comments:

j-liz said...

That sounds like it was a lot of fun! We have only been camping with the girls once but they loved it and are constantly asking to go again. Maybe we will when it is not 90+ every day.
The water always adds to the fun. Sometime we will all have to go together. Maybe we could ask uncle Eddie if he would loan us the RV.

Tamara said...

I agree with Justin. Especially about the RV. I bet it'd be a blast to get everyone together and get to camp and hang out. I'm sure the kids would love the quality time with their cousins.

Katie L. said...

So did you sleep in tents or what? I am pretty jealous of the cool nights and all those beautiful pine trees around the lake. Ahhh, I can almost smell the air...

Courtney said...

Dang, I'm sad I missed out! Looks like it was buns of fun...I mean tons of fun.

Mandolin said...

Wow! That sounds like so much fun! I am seriously jealous of such a great family trip!