Saturday, July 5, 2008

I need email addresses!

Hey guys! I set me and Dale's blog to private after discovering that if you google our name, it pulls up postings even just on the first page, so it just makes me nervous that anyone could come on there and see what we're up to every day... plus, with all the shady characters in my past, I really don't want to be tracked down! lol Anyway, I don't have your email addresses, so if you could email me that way I can add you as a reader so that you can access it. I personally wouldn't mind having all our blogs on private at this point, but I'll leave that up to you. Anyway, hope to see you guys on our blog, but first send me an email so I can add you all.

Hope everyone had a good 4th of July!

Steph

4 comments:

Dale said...

Yeah, it was a bit disconcerting to see how easy it is for people to get information on the family by just typing in the name of a person on google. As a result, we decided to put the blog on private. We hope you guys will go to the trouble of accepting invitations. It may be a bit trickier to log on, but I just don't want some freakshow pedophile being able to get on our blog, find out stuff about our kids and then pretend to know them and ...

Anyway, maybe I'm paranoid, but I'd rather be safe than sorry. Not to freak all y'all out or anything, but I wanted you to have a flavor for why we switched it to private.

Lisa said...

Oh, I'm there. I actually had Matt change a post one time because it had my first and last name together and I didn't want it floating around the internet. I try to be pretty vague about dates, places, etc., when I post here on Michelle's blog, but I also wouldn't be opposed to locking it up. Besides stalkers, there are also those people who blog surf all the time when they have nothing better to do (e.g., me on bedrest), and its just bizarre to think that people are reading about what you are doing even if they (a) don't know you; or (b) know you and don't talk to your face. But anyway...

Carrie L said...

Good idea--since I've been known to be a blog stalker myself. But I don't know your email either Steph! Would someone send it to me?

Dee Lisonbee said...

I dont have your e-mail address either so if you will send it to me I will be happy to send you mine.