Sunday, June 3, 2007

CALL THE ZOO!!!



Kristin, this first one's for you. Mostly I was just trying to recreate the "Mary was happy but sad" moment. I think I nailed it, but I'll let you make the call. Here's Adam pressing the flesh with our nearest ancestors. I'm not going to lie. I had SEVERAL moments where it took all the restraint I could muster not to pull a dad and scream at the monkeys/chimpanzees/apes "Hey Mackenzie. Get down off that tree."
By far, my favorite moment at the zoo was in the gorilla exhibit. I mean, this thing must have weighed 3 trizillion pounds but he was behind some pretty thick glass. When we got there, he was leaning up against the glass wall but doing a Rene Zellweger pose all looking over it's shoulder. ANYWAY, this little boy about 2 years old pounds on the window and says "Hey Monkey! Come over her and bite me!" Ahh, kids. Hilarious.

2 comments:

Dee Lisonbee said...

Adam, try to fight off the urge to take one of those monkey statues home because in just a few weeks we are bringing a real monkey to spend a few days with you and you can shake her hand for real - hand on, we're coming.....

Adam said...

I am going to tickle the real Monkey silly when she gets to Dallas...and I can't wait! Are you sure you guys can't come this weekend?