Thursday, June 28, 2007

People, A little help here???

Okay, Jake has been home for one day and I'M GOING CRAZY. There's something about him being home that makes me and the other kids crazy. I wouldn't say it's necessarily him, but the dynamics definitely change and my day goes like this...Jake and Carter playing nicely, bing horrible to Bella...then Malia screaming and whining because Carter is pestering her. Then, Bella decides she want to play with the boys who absolutely won't let her. Meanwhile, Malia is still screaming and whining, but now whe is pulling on my legs. Bella has decided she should whine and cry so she starts and Malia gets irritated, so she pulls her hair and scratches her face. I put Malia in her room where she screams (still). Now Jake and Carter are arguing and they get into some kind of wrestling match. Malia has now decided she's ready to be happy, so she comes out, announces, "I got off my bed, mom. I'm happy." Then, Jake and Carter decided to play with Malia, again not including Bella who begins crying AGAIN. Why am I virtually insane? I have no idea.

So, I have nowhere to blow off steam but the library at night when I get to escape for a little while and I get here to read somebody else's posts...BUT THERE ARE NONE! What is wrong with you people? I need to live vicariously through you and you're leaving me with NOTHING. I know you can do better than that. People, post something PLEASE. Do I sound desperate yet? Because my sanity is hanging by a thread...

4 comments:

The Queen said...

So sorry, Michelle. I wish we could have stayed for longer! Maybe we can keep Jake next time you come down or something.

Dale said...

Canteen girl,

Sounds like you are having some kind of fun. I'm pretty sure I can't totally relate, but Steph can probably relate a little. The twins have their moments. Feel free to ship Jake out here. I think they had fun and Jake would have been fine sleeping over if his female partner in crime had been. Plus, we can totally relate to the pain in the can that is apartment living. There really is not much that compares than that when you have 3 (or in your case 4) kids. It is like there is one living area and anything and everything has to happen there and anyone and everyone has to be there ALL THE STANKING TIME!!! Be grateful you don't have dogs. I am. We still have one but at least we got rid of Lady. YEE-HAW. Can't tell you how much I enjoyed walking those two honyots twice a day. I was kind of hoping the coyotes would get them but no such luck. Anyway, hang in there. It will make living in a house feel so much better.

Katie L. said...

Michelle,

Wow, that sounds an awful lot like my days! Except my fourth whining arguing child isn't here yet.

We went camping again, Wed. night. I got sick with some 24 hour bug the night we got back so my car is still filled with camping gear and also smells like smoke. I was so dehydrated already from camping and boating the next day that I am not bouncing back very fast. I actually called my mom at 9am this morning and asked her to come get my kids. Then I slept all day. I'm still tired.

j-liz said...

In response to Katie's comment, can we clarify that the car smelled like camp fire smoke. She gave up the cancer sticks a few weeks ago. That presciption gum is expensive!