Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Fresno

Okay folks, so we officially moved. The move went very smoothly...sort of. After sweating out whether or not our stuff would fit in the biggest moving truck Budget had...the elder's quorum managed to stuff every little bit in which was some kind of miracle. The actual drive up was lovely...Malia had bronchitis, Bella threw up a couple of times and the moving truck wouldn't go more than 25 miles up the grapevine. After we got there, the new elder's quorum unloaded us (for which I am grateful) and we now have an apartment lined from wall to wall with boxes which are not going to be unloaded since we have to turn around and do this again soon. The first night was tough...the boys were crying and although I tried to hold it together, Nana and Papa leaving was sad for me. Little did I know, my night was about to get worse...much worse. Bella threw up a couple more times and THE AIR CONDITIONER DIDN'T WORK. Which, if you've ever been to Fresno is A VERY BAD THING. They fixed it the next day after sleeping in a house that was 83 degrees. At some point int he midddle of the night, I was lying on my pillow crying because I was hot and tired and I WANTED TO GO HOME. Too bad I was home.

Anyway, things have imporved since then. Everybody is well. We went to a ward bar-b-que at church which was so fun. People are so friendly. And, even better for me...not all the moms are model skiny and gorgeous. They're more your average kind of people which I LOVE! The party was at this group of four houses on the same street owned by a dad and his three grown sons and their families. The backyards just don't have fences to separate them so it's like one huge backyard. The next night, some random person I sat behind in church invited us to a bar-b-que at her house. She lives in the country next to her three sisters and her mother and they all have lots of property. The kids WERE IN HEAVEN. We ate overlooking their pasture. After dinner, the kids fed the cows and had races in the dirt. For entertainment, they threw oranges (which were ruined in the frost) in the street to see them smash. The, the evening culminated with a homemade airgun which they filled with glow sticks and shot into the air like fireworks. The kids had such a fabulous time. Oh, and let's not forget the kittens...five of them. Malia dragged them around by their necks and they just kind of hung limply while she lugged them around. We had so much fun. I can tell I'm going to like this ward. In sacrament meeting, I noticed two women with tattoos, a lovely older lady with lavender hair, a few people in wheelchairs, and families with kids of all ages. Now that's my kind of ward. A little of everything. I really enjoyed it and people were so nice to us.

Anyway, that's it for now. In case you haven't figured it out, I don't have access to a computer except if I go to the library or somewhere else that has a computer...so my posts aren't very frequent for now...

2 comments:

Katie L. said...

Michelle,
I'm so happy to hear things are improving fast. It makes me dread moving from here, I hope that never has to happen! Are Bella and Malia feeling better? Moving is stressful for everyone.

And for that matter, so is potty training. Ashley wore panties all day today, and tomorrow I'm going to Target to buy another case of diapers.

Tamara said...

Michelle,
I just have to say that I full on laughed right out loud when I read your post. And lest you think that less than a heroic feat, I'd like you to know that it's nearly 11:00 at night and I am still at work...where I spend EVERY SINGLE DAY till a bazillion o'clock. So, I'm pretty sure that your post made my dee. And I'm pretty sure I'm jealous of the lady with lavendar hair because I totally can't wait to have that when I'm old. You too. You want it. A lot. Twice.