Thursday, July 5, 2007

The 4th

Okay folks...our first 4th in Fresno. I must say, me and the kiddies missed going to the parade in Balencia (as Carter would say). I know it's always ridiculously hot, but it's just tradition, that's all. So, we went to a movie in the morning (free, of course). Then, we bought our own fireworks and went shopping for some couches. We were hot and tired, but we pressed onward looking for that perfect couch...instead, we found a couch place that had popcorn, cookies, and a soda fountain. Now we're talking. We hung out there for awhile...I may or may not have put my head back and while coincidentally standing right under the diet coke fountain with that lovely liquid flowing freely down my throat. What? You know you've done that too...anyhow, didn't find a couch we liked, but felt a whole lot better when we left. In the evening, we had some tasty frozen pizza and then waited for it to cool down enough to venture outside. By 8:00 it was a mere 95 degrees or something, so we went to the park behind our house to do some fireworks. We did those whistling Petes and some sparklers. About 20 minutes into it, we noticed a park security guy sitting in his truck watching us. Rick and I decided we should probably make a quick exit. We gathered up our stuff and headed for the paseo leading to our apartments. The kids were asking why we were hurrying and why we went in the "wrong door" aka closer exit. So, the Edwardsons were running from the fireworks police on 4th of July. Now that's some kind of fun. Next year, remind me to be somewhere besides here on the 4th. It wasn't a bad day...especially when you take into account the free soda fountain drinks...but it was FREAKING HOT HOT HOT.

3 comments:

The Queen said...

Okay, I know you're miserable, but your life sure does lend itself to some good reading. That was hilarious. As was the library post. Your comment on my blog was quite funny, as well.

Tamara said...

May I please remind you Michelle that FIREWORKS ARE ILLEGAL!!!

Besides, it's the holidays and we're all in misery. Don't be so dramatic.

j-liz said...

Michelle, its a good thing you are bringing the fam to Denver this summer. I have a great move for jumping fences that I'll teach you all for the next time you have to run from the cops. Not that I ever have, heavens No, but I saw it on a movie one time.