Sunday, July 22, 2007

A bag of hammers

Currently I am debating that my intelligence is somewhere between a bag of hammers and a box of rocks. Seriously, I am taking my next section of the CPA on July 30th and after 8 weeks of studying I have not yet passed a practice test. I am really nervous with one week left that I am not as prepared as I need to be.
The CPA exams cannot possibly test all of the material that is included in the outline. You just have to hope that the sections that you are tested on a ones that you are strong in. On the last test I was tested on 5 subjects and 4 of them I was strong in. The reason that I give you that information is because this is what I need help with. I need help in this last week to be able to focus my efforts on subjects that I will be tested on.
If you wouldn't mind including us in your thoughts and prayers we would really appreciate it. We have a lot of time, money and sanity invested in this process and we are a little overwhelmed at the moment. All of the eligible CO laserbeams (me) will be fasting next week. Katie will be offering the pregnant fast (no Sacrament candy).
On a brighter note, we are really looking forward to this test being over because the CA laserbeams are coming to visit 2 days later. The kids are officially on the count down until Nana, Papas, Aunties and their cousins come to town. See you guys soon.

3 comments:

Tamara said...

OH SURE, RUB IT IN. The TX laserbeams will go unrepresented because we are the stupid ones who decided to become lawyers (read: slave to the man).

In other news, we'll be fasting for you. We're all in. And don't fret. The first day of the bar exam, my laptop froze within the first five minutes. They got that back up and running and I thought the worst was behind me. I got to the next question (a fill in, mind you, so it's not like I could guess) and realized I did not even know what it was asking. I knew this sometimes happened on the bar so I made up some law and pretended to apply it. Not to be deterred, I moved to the next question and found I couldn't answer it. Yep, you guessed it. I was to # 12 of the fill ins before I got to a question I could answer. And I somehow still passed the bar.

The take home message? Clearly fasting and prayer works because I sure as shooting had no idea what in the sam $%#@ I was doing so it must have been divine intervention.

In all seriousness, we're pulling for you. I know these things can be stressful. I only had to take the bar ONCE and I nearly had a nervous breakdown. I can only imagine having to make that death march on two subsequent occasions. TX laserbeams will be fasting with you. We'll keep you in our prayers. Good luck.

Mark said...

Dear (Colorado) Lisonbees,
I can certainly understand having some trouble with testing. We are pulling for you and expect the test to be a "REALLY NICE SURPRISE, KATIE (CLARK)." We know you can do it and look forward to hearing the results. Oh Justin, "THE LITTLE LIGHTS AREN'T TWINKLING"

Michelle said...

You betcha Clark. Thanks for your help.