Friday, July 6, 2007

our miracle...the details

Yesterday was a good good day (and after reading some of the posts about all the crazy children, it makes me think that the fact my baby is still INSIDE is GREAT). I probably should call you all and personally thank you for all your prayers and fasting, but I'm hoping that this update for now will suffice! (Oh, and Tammy, Matt was in another lovely meeting last night until 11 and decided he shouldn't call you back at 1:00....).

ANYWAY. I really felt pretty good last week, went for three straight days without feeling a contraction and felt so hopeful about getting to the 24 week mark. I didn't even cry, and I really felt that my mood must have been improved from all the support. At my appointment yesterday, the doctor was suprised. I saw the look on her face and she also made a comment like, "Well, I really didn't expect..." - and I actually don't remember what she said after that because I was thinking, "BOO YA, fasting!" Thd good news is that she said it's "about the same" as last week, which is much improved then losing almost 50% of my (I'm not saying it over the internet) last week! But here's the thing...I can read that ultrasound monitor pretty fast and last week it said .8 cm and this week it said .96 cm. In my book - I GREW. And THAT'S a miracle. It's also a miracle that I looked good enough to come home for another week. It's also a miracle that my shot in the rear was totally a different experience than the one I had when I was four.

Lastly, the doc took all the baby's measurements and found that I she was all developed to 24 weeks except for the head, surprise, which is at 25 weeks. Thank you, Lisonbees.

Really, everyone - thank you SO MUCH. We just feel so great about making it this far and feel confident that we can keep going. We've felt your love and really felt like the fast came at a critical point. THANK YOU!!!

5 comments:

The Queen said...

Congratulations you guys!!!!!!!

Tamara said...

You guys, I'm SO happy for you. Thanks for the post so we could hear it for certain.

And Lisa, I called my dad to get the scoop last night before I could go to bed so I could sleep at night.

we love you guys and we're grateful for the miracle.

Michelle said...

Yippee............and yes, good thing the kid is inside. a much better place for her...

Katie L. said...

Lisa,

I'm so happy about that! I keep thinking of your little baby being too early and worrying about the trouble it would be. Keep resting though, not too many happy dances!

Mark said...

We are all pulling for you. It is amazing what can happen.