Sunday, July 29, 2007

It's Go time folks...

Yippee...only two days til the Edwardson family heads for Denver. We are very excited. Carter has mentioned several times how excited he is to see Katie. (Good thing he doesn't know that Jake had a crush on her first!) It's a bummer we're all spread out so far, but it will sure be fun to devote 2 weeks to playing with the Denver Lisoneakers.

In other news...Jake got a bearded dragon for his birthday. His name is "Beardie." He is quite lovely. He likes to eat crickets and sit on top of this wood climbing thing or just stare out the glass at you...He has been the center of our household for the last two days. Jake is very proud to be 8 years old. He's very much looking forward to being baptized...IF WE COULD JUST GET SOMEBODY TO LET US BAPTIZE HIM. This is my biggest irritation right now. As you know, we would like to have as much family present as possible for the baptism. Unfortunately, Elise is unable to travel to us so we will gladly travel to her. However, we're having serious trouble getting the stakes to let us do it. Our stake is fine with it but the Valencia stake is not cooperating. What is there problem any way? Our bishop is calling the Valencia Bishop today to try and talk some sense into him/them. In all fairness to Bishop Williams, he hasn't even been a part of this discussion yet. But we did talk to Elise's bishop and he's being a troublemaker. We'll see how it goes.

Our house will be done in 2 weeks! Happy day. We will have almost an entire week to paint and have our new furniture delivered before the big move...so I'm hoping it will all go smoothly. It sure looks good!

I will post some pictures whenever I get to a computer that can do it...until then, you can imagine Jake's toothless smile as he holds Beardie...

2 comments:

Katie L. said...

I can't wait to see that toothless smile...I can see it in my mind. Emma is pretty toothless as well, she lost another tooth, the Nanny McPhee front one. Actually, I asked my mom to yank it out because they had their school pics taken last Friday.

Tamara said...

I think my favorite part about beardie is that after I got off the phone with Jake who told me all the scientific details about the lizard, Jake passed the snake to Carter and before I could even say "Hey Carter" he said "guess what? Jake's getting a bearded dragon and I'm going to scare it really bad so it'll puff out it's horns. I know it will. I saw it on the nature channel. Bye Tammy."

I love your kids!