Thursday, August 2, 2007

Update on Brandon

Hey everyone! I'll be able to post for the next couple of weeks while I'm here at my parents house - I've been waiting to be able to post for so long now! Anyhow, I thought I would give you guys an update on Brandon's appointment with the pediatric cardiologist.

Turns out his heart is totally fine, thank goodness. They had him do a breathing test and also had him exercise on the treadmill while watching his cardiac and pulmonary function, then afterwards had him do the breathing test again. Anyway, the cardiologist called today to let me know that the pulmonary information came back and these are her words: "Brandon has significant pulmonary dysfunction even at baseline." I didn't know what she meant by baseline, so I asked and she said that means even while at rest and then it gets worse when active. She said that explains why he's been getting chest pains as well. Anyway, she's sending him to a pulmonary doctor to look further into things, but that's where we are right now. Not quite what I was expecting, I watched him do the exercise test and I never would've known he was having breathing problems during the test. Looked to me like he did good on it. Hopefully we find out it's something minor. Please keep him in mind. Hope everyone else is doing well and having a great summer!

Talk to you guys soon,

Stephanie

2 comments:

Tamara said...

Steph, I'm so sorry. We'll definitely pray for him. Maybe we can pray the problem away. We'll give it a shot.

j-liz said...

Glad to hear that things are ok. Keep us posted after his next appointment.
JL