Monday, August 27, 2007

Bombs away!

OK, so today was Brandon's first day of school. Steph and I decided that she would stay home with the girls and I would drop Brandon off at school. Little did I know that Steph had a conspiracy going with some as of that point unknown to me vicious conspirators. So, I get my stuff ready and Steph helps Brandon get his stuff ready and Brandon and I march on out the door. Steph said she'd be watching from the window. (I thought that was because she wanted to see Brandon off. Little did I know ...) So, Brandon goes around and gets in the car. As I open the door and get ready to get into the car, I felt a drop on my head. (In my case, it is unmistakeable when something hits you on the head because there is not really any buffer up there.) Anyway, on any given day that could be totally meaningless. A drop of rain from the beautiful clouds, right? Except there were no clouds. Dew falling from the leaves of the tree above, except there were no trees nearby. So, just to be sure that I really did get hit, I reached my hand up and touched my head. Oh yeah, you know where this is going. Some bird totally did a dive bomb out of the sky and nailed me right on the dome!!!! The nice white liquidy concoction that it left on my head was a REALLY NICE SURPRISE. I mean REALLY NICE!!!! So, guys beware when your spouse says they are going to watch you leave from inside the house. They may know something you don't. :)

3 comments:

Tamara said...

So once when I was in high school, a bird did that on my cheerleading uniform and I thought I ducked gracefully into a ladies' room but much to my chagrin, when I was just about done dabbing that beauty off of my shoulder a girl walked in (who incidentally was a perfect stranger to me) and said "Oh, I saw what happened to you. How embarassing. Were you embarassed? I would be." And with that, my cloak of secrecy and my entire high school rep (no, it's a big deal folks) was ruined. Alas, I only found out years later that I was (am) a total nerd in the first place, but I'll still blame that incident.

BLAST THOSE BIRDS!

Katie L. said...

Dale,
I also got dive bombed once. I was 8 or so months pregnant with Emma and walking up the street in Provo one nice evening for Enrichment. There were little trees over me so the birds even had cover. They nailed me with a big one that splattered right down my huge belly. I was too tired to walk back home and change so I went to Enrichment and cleaned up the best I could with water and paper towels--which wasn't that helpful. I don't think Justin was a conspirator, but he did get a good laugh out of it.

Dale said...

So, how about a little follow up. You see, I think my story may get even better. As you know, I wiped my shiny head clean before I went to take Brandon to school. I thought that was the end of it. However, near the end of the day at work, I noticed a little something on the shoulder of my shirt. It may or may not have been yellow. I have not done a lab test. I just know this: I got dive bombed by a bird earlier in the day. I don't recall dropping anything yellow on myself. Maybe those highlighters I was using jumped off the table and nailed my shirt. Or maybe, just maybe ... the bird is really asking for it.