Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Brandon and crutches

Welp, Brandon is on crutches now. I had to take him in to the doctor tonight because he came home yesterday after school with really bad leg pain. It got so bad to where he couldn't walk or stand on it. So today, I decided to take him in to the clinic and have a look at it. We didn't find out much of anything really. The doctor found out that the pain is coming from his hip and so he had an x-ray done which came out fine. So then he thought maybe it was an infection, but the blood work came back fine (thank goodness)... a hip infection would not be good. So, he called it an inflamation for now and told me to take him in to see his pediatrician in the morning, which we will do. Anyway, since he still can't walk or even stand he is now on crutches. He sure has had a lot of health issues since last year... I will be interested to see what his pediatrician says in the morning since he knows his history, etc... anyway, thought we'd share our latest news with ya'll. Oh and since I'm posting this, I might as well let ya know that I posted a couple new posts on our family blog, so check it out if ya get a chance. Hope all is well for everyone!

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

I just thought of something... you don't think this could be related to the car accident? The seat belt? hmmm

Matty said...

So any new news? I am sorry to hear that he has had to deal with all of these things. Its tough when your body is not healthy. We take it for granted when it is, and then are amazed at how much it can affect us when it is not. I hope he is doing better.

Courtney said...

Thanks for the update! Keep us informed as you find out more. Poor guy...

Stephanie said...

We took him in to see the pediatrician today and turns out he has some kind of virus that has caused an inflammation in the hip. The doctor says he had another boy come in a couple days ago with the same problem. Anyway, he's doing a little better today... so no worries. He just has to wait it out. Thanks for thinking about him you guys!

Stephanie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisa said...

Who knew? What a strange virus. I have never heard of a young person having a hip problem unless there was some sort of accident/injury, so I am really glad to hear that it's just a virus that will go away. That is definitely some good news.