Friday, May 2, 2008

WE LOVE BRETTUMS!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BRETT! How do you not love a kid who's as cool as this? So last night Justin and I were telling Brett stories and laughing so hard, we couldn't breathe anymore. The thing about Brett is that he's such a crack up. I even remember this kid as a baby would roll people. It seems like he's just a natural. People just gravitate to him, probably because he's so hilarious to be around we can't help ourselves!
I thought this picture of Brett totally captures him. Right in the middle of accomplishing his mischief, he takes a step back to figure out how best to further trash this poor unsuspecting car.
Remember when Brett sprayed spray glue on the door of his Junior High teacher's classroom because he wasn't a huge fan?
Or remember when he told the substitute teacher (in kindergarten, if memory serves) that his name was Brat and his best friend's name was Moron?
Or here's another great Brett moment. Remember when he was about to leave for the prom and Mom asked if they'd talked about curfew? He said no and Mom asked Dad if he had any thoughts? Before Dad could even say a word, Brett said "I'll tell you what, Dad. If you've got any thoughts, you can just keep those to yourself." HILARIOUS!
We love you Brett. The kids, as evidenced by this photo, adore you. What on earth would we do without you? I mean, you're so great that I'm not even jealous that people like you better than any of the rest of us because at least I get to be related to you. Oh, and Brett...want some chocolate milk? We love you!
Alright everybody! You know the drill! Let's hear some classic Brett memories!


7 comments:

Michelle said...

Let us not forget the infamous plastic egg fight with Brett doing his best imitation of passing out after being nailed in the head with an egg thrown by a certain brother. Little did he know, Pops was at the top of the stairs looking not very amused...oh, and how about letting his brothers stuff a pillow in his shirt and beat him up. Good times. My kids absolutely adore him. Who else will sit with them and watch cartoons and pretend to enjoy them? Happy birthday Brett. I'm proud to be related. Can't wait til you have kids. That will be some kind of fun to watch...

Matty said...

Let me sum up my acting career with one memory. We were going into an interview together for Thrifty's Ice Cream. There are like 10 kids in there all at the same time. The start going down the row and asking everyone what their favorite kind of ice cream was. I quickly think of a flavor unique to Thrifty and tell them as it gets to me. I was feeling pretty good about myself...and then they ask Brett and he says the crazy name of a flavor from Clark Drugs. And I instantly think...what in the world is he doing...until all of the interviewers stop and turn their attention to him. Then they proceed to ask him all sorts of questions like where do you get that and what is in it. He tells them all about it and they absolutely love him. So...needless to say, he got the comercial and got to eat ice cream over and over while doing the scene. He always has had a way with people that I never have. He could always make people laugh. Happy Birthday Brett. I hope you enjoy some ice cream and remember that comercial.

Dale said...

Brett, Happy Birthday man. I think one of my favorites has to be the day the school called because Brett had sprayed sticky spray on a bunch of the doorknobs. Stephanie took the call and we were dying laughing about it. Of course we had to pretend we thought it was a serious as the school did, but get serious! Nice work.

Stephanie said...

Happy Birthday, Brett! Oh yes, I remember that day like it was yesterday. lolol Seriously I was laughing on the inside so hard all while talking to the principal over the phone. I almost couldn't hold it in! That's gotta be one of my favorite Brett memories. :) Hope you had a good one today!

Courtney said...

Happy Birthday Boog Nigg. I'm sure I must have figured this out at some previous time but it just hit me that I'm the only one that gets to call you my big brother. And being your younger sister has given me an entirely different perspective on things. Most of the stories I have of you are times one of us was getting the other in trouble. To refresh your memory, that time you were sneaking cookies from the cupboard and you said you'ld give me one if I didn't tell. And being the trustworthy sister that I am, I walked right up to mom and said "We're not eating cookies..." Or there was the time you taught me to jump off the front roof onto the lawn and my knee came up and nearly broke my jaw.

Some of our experiences were actually other people getting us in trouble *cough Michelle cough*. I vaguely remember a fast sunday or two, or ten, where Michelle would take us home from church and get us some McDonalds ice cream cones.

Oh yes, and then there were the many teachers in highschool who had certain preconceived notions about the Lisonbee children thanks to any number of siblings, but mostly you. Most of them were notions of us being extremely misbehaved with no respect for authority (Mrs. Hamburger for example) but occasionally it would work out to my advantage (Mr. Shock). I swear, I got away with murder in that guys class and I have you to take for it.

Ultimately, you've been exactly what a big brother should be. An a occasional source of trouble, a teacher, a protector, and a good example of the kind of person I should be. I love you!

j-liz said...

Who can remember a red head kid telling everybody that it wasn't genetic but it really came from a bottle. Or how about when he used to say, "Not to touch the merchandise." Oh, but my personal favorite, when he would juke somebody in soccer so bad that they would fall down and as he was laughing, dribble and procede up the field. Good times boog, nig, bretsky...

Katie L. said...

My personal favorite moment was when I first saw Brett. Justin, Tams and I rolled up to the house after a long drive from Provo, and there he was, standing on the front lawn, still rather small, in a pose very like that famous Jesus statue (lightning rods everyone) and Justin and Tams got out and tackled him. Ahh, good times. It was my first exposure to lots of the Lisonbee fam and I knew I'd love you all. Happy Birthday Brett. And I hope you won't be offended by my lateness, I'm late for everything these days!