Sunday, May 18, 2008

Weekend happenings...




Well, the weekends aren't always super exciting around here...but we do have some bloggable happenings...The first picture is our trusty lizard Abe. We thought he was a boy, then a girl, and now we think he's a boy again. Check out his pose. He is standing upright with one leg resting on his tunnel log thing and one hand is at his side. Classic. He is definitely an Edwardson. The next picture is Carter...notice the missing top tooth? He played with it at church until it fell out. I'm sure his primary teacher was thrilled. We all know how quiet and well-behaved Carter is. This is a particularly exciting happening since that was his DEAD TOOTH. It's been dead since he was like 2 and it finally fell out! Yippee......And finally, the last pictures is Malia with a thing of grape tomatoes. I absolutely love grape tomatoes. I planted some in our backyard...but while I'm waiting for them to grow, I treat myself to a little container of them every once in awhile and look who I found eating them. I suppose I would be really mad if she were eating my chocolates or something...but since she chooses to sneak my grape tomatoes, I guess I can forgive her. Does anything bad happen to kids if they eat the WHOLE THING? Guess we'll find out, 'cause she did...And the last happening...Malia's blankie "takes a nap" AKA dissappears during the day. We were hoping it would cut down the amount she sucked her thumb. It hasn't worked. Instead, she'll find whatever blanket she can get her hand on and suck her thumb any way. Today, as we were getting her out of the car for church, I noticed she had the red throw that goes on our couch...she had a meltdown when I wouldn't let her take it in church. I can't win...We have been swimming a lot. Lucky me, my good friends both have pools. It is so nice. We can go over any time, and we don't have to pay for the cleaning or worry about kids falling in when we're not watching. It's beautiful.

In other news, who's up for camping this summer? I guess we are because we're going to camp with some friends at Shaver Lake the week before 4th of July. It should be really fun. There will be something like 25 kids between 5 or 6 families. Somebody has a boat which should be really fun. And, there are hot showers, washers and dryers, and electricity to plug stuff in. Oh, and there are "tent cabins" which means a wood structure with a blue tarp for a roof. Should be fun huh? I'm looking forward to it. My kids love all the kids that are going and I think it will be a welcome break for the summer. I haven't been camping since the infamous redwood experience...this has to be better than that because I don't have a baby, among other reasons...

Finally, Rick and I went to see Iron Man. I really liked it. It was a good flick. I also introduced Rick to "Sweet Potato Fries" at a place called Tacone Grill. He liked them so much he took Carter back the next day and got some more. Good stuff...

Well, happy Sundee everybody...

5 comments:

Tamara said...

Ah...camping in the Redwoods. Remember sitting around the campfire reading Harry Potter to each other? Good times...

You might want to check with me next summer for camping. If I went this year, I might get harpooned by an over zealous park ranger. You guys have fun though and post pictures!

OlsenFam said...

Wow the way you describe Shaver, I might be up for it some day.
I wish my kids would still my vegetables! I am done with fruit snacks and pretty much don to just gold fish, pretzels and granola bars for grab and go snacks. And, I'm going to try and go to the farmer's market every Thursday to stock up on fresh fruit for other snacks.

Matty said...

Yes...that camping in the Redwoods was quite the trip...Oh...wait a second...I was not there for that lovely trip, but from what I have heard, I can probably attribute my sanity to not being on that trip because it sounds like some of you guys came back a little C-R-A-Z-Y! I dont have any vacation time yet because I am still new at my job, but one in December I will be done with school and I will have vacation, so then we will have to at least come down and visit you guys. I cant believe you guys have been there for a year and we have not made it down. As for Malia, I hope that is all my kids are sneaking...or maybe just huge cubes of butter.

Tamara said...

That was cold, Matty.

Katie L. said...

Yeah, the only thing my kids sneak is candy. I really should stop buying it, but I love it so!